Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: delete my account

delete my account

can you delete my accout please as I didn't know you have to have good spelling and grammer to get replys for support

Re: delete my account

Tricia please don't let one person put you off this site.

Tricia56, don't leave because someone may have upset you.
    If you depend on this Site and it gives you support, please think before you make your final decision. There are some lovely people of here too.

It's a raw moment so please take some time and come back when it has passed before you make any decision, Tricia. Cutting yourself off from help is not a good idea in my opinion.

thk you teryy and carnation I want to stay as I do need the support from you guys but sometimes I think is it not doing me any good as sometimes when I read other peoples posts it sort of triggers my anxiety off as I think omg will I feel that or will I end up like that , I m not sure if that's just a part of anxiety that makes me think this way as just lately ive been coming on here quite a lot thro out the day so maybe I should try and cut down on coming on here so much as maybe keep coming on here all the time just keeps the anxiety at the front of my mind all the time as to be honest that's\all I do 24/7 is think about the anxiety, it seems im obbseesed with it if that makes sence and I don't know why I cant get if my mind, I suppose maybe its because it doesn't help because I spend a lot of my time on my own at home even tho my son and daughter live with me as they do their own thing I don't go out much no social life or no friends so all I do is house work or maybe go to local shop, sorry if I seem to be ranting on and maybe I should of posted this some ware else but thk you any way for reading this

Tricia, I hope you decide to stay too. Don't cut yourself off from a source of help and support.

pulisa im going stay so thk you for kindness and support you give me.

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    Tricia please don't let one person put you off this site.
    elen ive dicided to stay thk you

I am pleased Tricia.

I'm glad you have decided to stay, Tricia. Like Del Boy says "you know it makes sense".

It's not ranting, it's just telling us how you feel. GAD is like this, it can be physical symptoms all day long with little of no breaks and all you do is focus on those symptoms. Whilst we need to learn it ok to have nothing to do and just learn to relax, this is very hard with GAD as it's always buzzing away in the background. So, having too much thinking time is a bad thing unless you have learned how to tune it out which is one of the big challenges of recovery.

One thing I learned early on that I was very sympton focussed (according to my therapist) and because I spent my day looking for things or thinking about a current sensation in my body, I just kept it going longer than it may do. I also amplified it and made myself more anxious on top.

It's the same with pain. If you have some pain somewhere and you accept it and get on with things, life goes on. If you spend your time focussing on it, you are getting your conscious mind focussed on that specific problem when it would normally be floating back & forth between many things.

This is a basic thing in psychology and not just about anxiety but many things. We enrich the situation by strongly focussing on them. I have used focussing distraction techniques and they work. These mean doing the the same thing with something completely neutral.

For instance, I was panicking when eating as I was so sensitised due to starting a new med. The only way I got through that was by focussing on the power button on the TV rather than allowing myself to watch TV. This way I stared very strongly at a fixed object until the panic reduced. Over the course of a couple of weeks I greatly reduced this eating panic to near nothing.

Another example is having a broken wisdom tooth out not long after this. I had 2 initial appointments because I had just joined them so needed a check up and because my tooth became infected I needed antibiotics. The 3rd visit was the extraction. They said they would try but because it was broken so close to the gumline I might have needed the hospital for it (which would have meant waiting months so I didn't want that). I didn't sleep all night and ended up calling them to cancel. I rearranged it for a couple of weeks later and put up with the pain. I managed to get some sleep the night before so went through with it. In both the injections and the extraction I found a ceiling light to focus on. I did the same technique and it really got me through. I couldn't believe I had done it without a major panic. It did make me feel very anxious for hours afterwards but it was done.

So, our focus is very powerful. Mindfulness teaches how to focus properly, far better than the people who teach distraction techniques that use focussing. Learning to shift your focus away from physical symptoms is very important with GAD or it keeps you trapped all day. The more you keep your focus away from it over time you will find it starts to reduce.

These forums can be a problem for many, it can depend on how much your anxiety bothers you and if you are susceptible to being affected by what others are talking about. If you find yourself endlessly reading problems then it's a negative. Try to also read things like Success Stories, Top Tips, etc. If you feel your anxiety rising because of NMP, it can be helpful to take a break even if it means going for a walk for a bit or doing some housework. I think there will be plenty of people on here, especially the HA people, who are bothered by the content of threads. It's the same when you read self help books by recovered sufferers as their stories can draw you in. It can be helpful to feel others suffer too but some peoples symptoms can touch a nerve. I've found that my anxiety symptoms are personal to me, they won't easily change based on what I see others experience although like you I have had those periods where I would worry about it happening. You are not the only one there and I know someone on here who I used to talk to on PM who had that problem so he avoided many threads and even talking to people who mentioned their illnesses could end up triggering him into worrying about whether he could even contract it from them, which he knew was irrational since it was also mental health issues.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 17-11-15 at 06:54.

Yes I am glad you are stopping trish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information