Thread: Boyfriends heart rate

Boyfriends heart rate

At our doctors surgery we have a free bp and heart rate machine both times boyfriends bp has been normal however his heart rate ranges 55-57bpm which is slightly under average. His 86 kilos in weight (previously 116) but has worked so hard to loose weight.
    He says his going to the doctors Friday (to ask about it) without knowing I was worried he said this. It's got me thinking is this a bad thing? Could something be wrong with his heart?
    Mine always averages 100-105bpm so we are like opposites lol

Re: Boyfriends heart rate

The average human heart rate is anywhere from 60 - 100 BPM when at rest.

Anything slightly above or below in an otherwise healthy individual is nothing to worry about. Indeed, a heart rate below 60 can be an indicator of great fitness. Lance Armstrong was said to have a heart rate around 35BPM when he was at his peak.

If your boyfriend has been working hard to lose weight and get fit then this is a good sign for sure. If he feels fine then I wouldn't be concerned. If he has dizzy or fainting spells then get it looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifelonganxiety! View Post
    The average human heart rate is anywhere from 60 - 100 BPM when at rest.

Anything slightly above or below in an otherwise healthy individual is nothing to worry about. Indeed, a heart rate below 60 can be an indicator of great fitness. Lance Armstrong was said to have a heart rate around 35BPM when he was at his peak.

If your boyfriend has been working hard to lose weight and get fit then this is a good sign for sure. If he feels fine then I wouldn't be concerned. If he has dizzy or fainting spells then get it looked at.
    are you sure about this?
    i mean i know 60-100 is normal.
    but can be normal for someone to have all the time 105-110 resting
    heart rate??

Hi hun, agree with above about your boyfriends, the more athletic you are, the lower your resting heartbeat will be.
    In terms of you, I had my heart rate checked every 4 hours during a recent hospital stay, my resting heartbeat was similar to yours on most occasions and it mirrored how anxious I was feeling. The more anxious I was the higher it went, during the night, when I was at my most calmest, it was within normal range, on discharge, when I had come to terms with my op, hospital stay and was content in my surroundings all obs were in perfect range.
    It amazed me the impact of anxiety on my body, I think seeing it visually really helped me.
    I'll also add, that throughout my stay, at no point were the nurses concerned about my readings.
    Xx

Thanks everyone.
    Boyfriend also mentioned to me his been getting shoulder and rib pain (to the side) I said must be muscular he said he doesn't think so. Really worried about him

Thread Information