Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy test advice

Pregnancy test advice

Hello there. I just took a pregnancy test and it came up negative straight away very clear and i checked it again about 10 minutes later and the very clear negative line is still there and a very very faint positive line is now there. Any ideas what this means? Could it be negative or positive?

Please Reply
    Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Re: Pregnancy test advice

When I took a test, the positive result came up instantly. Before I even put the test on the counter it was saying positive. You would think that if yours was a positive result, it would come up that quickly. If I were you, I would probably do another test or get tested by my doctor. I wouldn't know what to think with that result as I wouldn't expect the positive line to light up at all, not even faintly if I wasn't pregnant but then if I were pregnant, surely it would be more than a faint line. Definitely do another test. If you haven't missed a period yet, maybe its too early to do a test? Though if you have missed a period, even if it's just one day, it'll be the right time to do a test. I done my test when I was just a day late and it was enough for me to get a concrete result

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

Hi,
    It will be negative - after a while the positive line can appear, but if it comes up negative, then it is. Keep trying - and have loads of fun xx

Hey. Thanks for you reply. My period is 5 days late so im pretty sure its not to early to test. Ill take another test tonight. When i was pregnant with my son, the positive result showed up straight away. Its just odd coz for the past few days i have been getting period pains but no period has showed up. Im getting worried something serious might be wrong now?

Please Reply
    Love Louise

My period was exactly the same last month - 3 days late and it NEVER has been in all my 34 years (well maybe not 34 years of having periods - but you know what I mean haha). I doubt something is wrong - periods can be late due to stress, etc. Or pregnancy lolol. xx

Hey i took another test last last night which also came back negative but i still have no period so im really freaking out now as my periods are always so regular, im occassional a couple of days late but right now im 6 days late and im really worried. Im scared it might be cancer? Any ideas? Do you im deffo not pregnant? What could be wrong with me?

Please Reply
    Love Louise

Hello again. Well still no period and im now about 6 days late. I dont understand, i had what i thought were pregnancy symptoms. I had period pain cramps on the weekend but no period. Ive also had tender boobs and been feeling a little sick. Could this all be linked to stress? Do you think im worrying over nothing?

Please Reply
    Love Louise

Hello Louise,

I wish I had a pound for every time this has happened to me, as I would have a good few bob by now!

Please try not to worry. The most obvious sign of cancer is not a late or missing period, firstly. Secondly, it is far more likely to be related to stress, being a bit under the weather/run down or just iffy hormonal stuff going on. Even the most regular period can go out of whack.

My cycles are around 32/33 days, but due to dodgy hormones at times, I have gone as late as 40-50 days.....and it does not take much for a period to go off track. The fact you are having PMS symptoms, and aches and pains that suggests something is happening, is a pretty good indication that your period should arrive soon. I also find that the more you focus on your period not having arrived - which is stressy - does tend to delay it further, so try if you can to just keep occupied, and relaxed as possible (though I know that is hard)

Plus, despite what these ultra-modern pregnancy tests tell you these days about early results, that is not always the case. It depends just how fast the pregnancy hormone accumulates in the body, as if the hormone (HCG) is not high enough yet, it will give you a neg result, so my advice would be to wait 2 weeks after your period was due, and then test again if you are still concerned.

I am confident that things will be just fine for you.

Good luck.x

Hey. Still no period and im a week late now :( im getting very anxious and analysing every little niggle at the moment which is driving me mad. I might take one more test tonight and if its nevative again then im guessing im not pregnant as surely a week late it would show up. Im so scared and upset.

Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by louise0501 View Post
    Hey. Still no period and im a week late now :( im getting very anxious and analysing every little niggle at the moment which is driving me mad. I might take one more test tonight and if its nevative again then im guessing im not pregnant as surely a week late it would show up. Im so scared and upset.

Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx
    Hi, Not sure if you read my reply above or not, Louise. It can take a while for the HCG hormone to rise, so a week won't necessarily show. I would wait 2 and see what occurs, but maybe a chat with your GP may be a good idea if you are very worried? x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information