Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feeling ignored

Feeling ignored

I think It's upsetting that I can see lots of posts (including my own) that people are reading yet not offering support and advise. Is that what not the forum is for?????????

Re: Feeling ignored

I'm fairly new here and just finding my way around

I found that when I first joined, can be very disheartening.

Have a look at the active topics and if you think you can add something to a thread, then do it. That's what I do.
    Or start your own thread

Thanks guys

I can only speak for myself. But there are posts I feel unable to answer or give any useful advise. There are only a few where I can help.

Lucinda07 Just add your story to a thread, it's like breaking the ice

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    I can only speak for myself. But there are posts I feel unable to answer or give any useful advise. There are only a few where I can help.
    and IMO that is the correct way to go about things.Even though we are all different, things like various procedures, medication and ones own experience of certain anxiety symptoms and how we either deal with them or not are all useful to write down.

That maybe beneficial to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda07 View Post
    Yeah, and I think people also read out of curiosity so are unlikely to post anyway. There is also the web spiders and watchers too. I would be nice to have better traffic statistics but many forums don't even have what we have and some of them are massive forums like Digital Spy. So, it's hard to know if a single person who has posting rights has even read a thread.

It's been very obvious for a long time that NMP is disproportionate in terms of anxiety disorders and is more for HA, Symptoms, etc. OCD and Phobias tend to be pretty quiet and replies can take a day or two unlike the fast turnaround times of those other boards. GAD gets a fair few posts and Panic/Depression is less so but busier than this one. The Benefits section is dead in the water with no one replying at the moment.

With OCD though if you want a lot more responses from OCD sufferers, you can head for OCD Uk or OCD Action where the members may have various disorders but will have OCD.

So, straight away the ability to get a response on a board like this is limited but somebody usually does come along. Some people just say hello so people don't feel ignored. But with there being less people for certain disorders it can mean it's a bit busy for those of us with them if you feel you need to post to help.

I do not reply as I tend to kill the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by blue moon View Post
    I do not reply as I tend to kill the thread.
    I will have to call on your services

I know what you mean though, been there but more earlier on with NMP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information