Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Work related Activity Group

Re: Work related Activity Group

Sometimes you get as much help on this Forum Doze.
    It does annoy me that they provide only 6 sessions and their stupid waiting lists of up to a year!
    I would get your support on here for the time being. It certainly helped me through the worst.
    I find tiredness, stress and worry the worst offenders for the Anxiety to breed.
    If only Life was a little sweeter?

I can see you are new on here and I hope you get the benefits from here you need. There are some really lovely and genuine people on the Forum and I have no doubt that you will get the support you need on here.

Thanks for the kind words Carnation, it means a lot right now.

Well, I have had a reply. By text and post.
    They are re-looking at my case; this is the Job Centre Plus Group.
    And they will advise me just before Christmas of their decision.
    I am not expecting it to be good news, so it will be a nice Christmas pressie for me. But, at least I have tried.

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Hope you are ok Doze.

I think it's best to anticipate that you won't get a change of decision but you never know, you may get a sympathetic and empathetic individual looking at your case and deciding in your favour..i think so many people have tried to cheat the system in the past that it's messed it up for genuine claimants. Good luck and just see what happens..xx

Hey, guess what? The DWP will not change their decision.
    That's a nice Christmas present they sent me. NOT!
    Well, I can't go to their 'Groups' and as I have my partner to look after in January as well, that's me stuffed!!!

I'm sorry to hear this. They can be a right bunch of idiots!

Where do you go from here? Isn't there another appeal process beyond that one?

It makes you feel sick when you see stories of benefit cheats that use anxiety, just like anything else, but we are on the end of additional stigma when compared to physical issues (perhaps other than bad backs which have a long history of cheats you could throw a brick and hit) and it just makes people wonder how it happens when we are struggling just getting through these imposed processes.

Yes, there is Terry. I can appeal.
    They still have not sent me a copy of the report made by the medical assessor or a report that the DWP made which led them to this decision.
    The thing is now, that the letter and disappointing news has set off my Anxiety and Depression again. You know of the hassle I hv had lately and when one thing is cleared ip , along comes another.
    England sucks for it's own people and it's not the first time I have been disappointed with them. I only said recently that they asked Mr C what he intended doing when his Mother dies? I ask you; what sort of training is in place at these places.
    It won't be long until people over 60 are disposed with like 'George Orwell's 1984'.
    They don't really care, it's all about figures and money!
    But even the people that fo these jobs may have to suffer in some way themselves one day. As they say, 'What comes around, goes around'.
    Any way back yo the subject. I am a fighter Terry, but when the Anxiety illness takes over, it becomes extremely hard. I suffer so much physically; it's like my body is saying to me, 'give yourself a break woman!'
    I now have a throat infection.
    I am at the point now where I am really run down. So the diver will be sharing my company today.

I have decided to wait until after Christmas, then look at the issue again. As you know, we intend moving, so that will change things and they still have to send me those reports.
    I also have extra documentation that assesses my condition and this was a private examination from a experienced Doctor that was done through my Car Accident incident. It is a good report and it cost the other party a lot of money to have this done.
    In the meantime, I am going to try and get as much rest as possible.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Yes, there is Terry. I can appeal.
    They still have not sent me a copy of the report made by the medical assessor or a report that the DWP made which led them to this decision.
    The thing is now, that the letter and disappointing news has set off my Anxiety and Depression again. You know of the hassle I hv had lately and when one thing is cleared ip , along comes another.
    England sucks for it's own people and it's not the first time I have been disappointed with them. I only said recently that they asked Mr C what he intended doing when his Mother dies? I ask you; what sort of training is in place at these places.
    It won't be long until people over 60 are disposed with like 'George Orwell's 1984'.
    They don't really care, it's all about figures and money!
    But even the people that fo these jobs may have to suffer in some way themselves one day. As they say, 'What comes around, goes around'.
    Any way back yo the subject. I am a fighter Terry, but when the Anxiety illness takes over, it becomes extremely hard. I suffer so much physically; it's like my body is saying to me, 'give yourself a break woman!'
    I now have a throat infection.
    I am at the point now where I am really run down. So the diver will be sharing my company today.

I have decided to wait until after Christmas, then look at the issue again. As you know, we intend moving, so that will change things and they still have to send me those reports.
    I also have extra documentation that assesses my condition and this was a private examination from a experienced Doctor that was done through my Car Accident incident. It is a good report and it cost the other party a lot of money to have this done.
    In the meantime, I am going to try and get as much rest as possible.

---------- Post added at 12:17 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

stupid phone, went through twice.

---------- Post added at 12:22 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

P.s. 'Diver should read Duvet'!
    Besides Mr C may have something to say about that.

I'm sorry that the decision hasn't changed, Carnation, Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks Pulisa. I feel a bit better now. (Even if it is only for a short while).
    My Diver/Duvet helped.

Not sure where you are with all this Carnation, but I have great sympathy. I'm on ESA at the moment, and have just had to fill in a form to have my benefits reassessed. I've been in the support group for the last 15 months. Due to my ED, I think. I'm in a spin with anxiety panicking that they're going to stop my money.

I was in the WRAG before that, and went through serious stress with it. I did the Work Programme for two years, and that's what sparked off my restriction in eating for the second time. To be fair, the people I dealt with weren't overly mean or anything, it was just too much for my to cope with. I always had someone go with me, despite a bit of pressure sometimes to start "going alone". The "advisers" tended to think they were therapists and qualified to deliver CBT.

I hope you're going okay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information