Thread: Does anyone else struggle to believe

Does anyone else struggle to believe

Does anyone else find it impossible to believe a doctor and except that everything really is Ok?
    I had a ultra sound on my breast last week for a dimple, got the all clear, now have a rash on it, been to the doctors today and have been told again it's fine, nothing to worry about.
    I'm still sat here feeling sick with worry, why is it so hard to get it into my head that I'm Ok? Does anyone else struggle with this? Xxx

Re: Does anyone else struggle to believe

I believe just about everyone with HA struggles with that!! ... and even if the reassurance helps, its only for a short time until the "What ifs" start or you move onto another fear.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

i have to say normally i do accept what the doc says and move forward but this time for some reason i found it really hard, maybe it was because this is the first time i have ever had anxiety which gripped me so bad.
    but i have to keep telling myself that the docs know what they are doing and train for years to do their job so we should trust them
    i know its hard when you get all worried and anxious over something and your mind runs away with itself, its hard to believe whats been said.

ive found this anxiety really hard and shocked by how it grips you.
    try to calm a bit and trust in your doc
    sending you a big hug
    xxxxxx

Yes I do too. I think most of us do really.
    if it helps I've had breast issues in the past and had examinations, ultrasounds and all was ok. I did accept it was ok though but it was hard.
    My current problem is I'd been feeling tired and run down. My GP requested bloods which I had taken over a week ago now. I'm too frightened to call the surgery. They haven't contacted me and lots of people including nurses have said I'd know by now if anything serious was wrong - I've been told so mNy times, but I'm still too scared to call!!! Irrational xxxx

Thanks guys, my anxiety has been under control for nearly a year and then once I found the issue with my breast it's flared up again. I don't want to go back to that person who checks and prods every few minutes and is constantly worrying. I was doing so well and now all I think is well if they got it wrong the consequences are so serious. My partner keeps saying "you've been told your fine so leave it" but I just can't. Xxx

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

That is true Daisy, if you have a problem with your bloods they do ring you very soon, sometimes the following day. I just can't except them because since the US more problems have appeared and I've had a physical examination of the new problems buy can't except it's not more sinister xxx

I know it's hard but you must accept that all is well. Those breast clinics are absolutely fantastic at what they do so if anything at all suspicious was found they'd have been doing biopsies and everything - and even then it may turn out to be fine. Honestly I have had two lumps so far in my life and both turned out to be ok. I've also had rashes around nipples which I became obsessed with but its all been fine. Xxxx

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:00 ----------

Thanks for the comment about the bloods by the way. I'm going to just get on with it now as I'm sick of the worry. Please do the same, we have a life and we must live it xxxx

Now you've said that I'm going to bug you lol, your rashes how long did they last, have they faded? I've had mine for a week now and it's still just as visible. I'm obsessed with mine. I keep googling inflammatory breast cancer as a rash is a sign. I know how silly I sound but that's all I think about :'( xxx

---------- Post added at 21:05 ---------- Previous post was at 21:03 ----------

Also when they did ding something wrong with my blood results 3 days later I had a letter from the doctors saying they had tries ringing but got no answer so could I get in contact as soon as. You would of received some form of contact x

Here's some perspective......

For me, when I really had some medical issues going on, I would have given anything to have heard "all clear". I would have walked away dancing and gone out to celebrate!

The last thing you really want is to be told bad news right? Why would you continue to pursue it then?

You and so many others are SO fortunate to have nothing seriously wrong. Embrace that fact. Be thankful you don't have to deal with your worst fear.

Now, for me, I have the reality that my cancer could return or I could suffer another heart attack. So, when I got the all clear from the cardiologist this past Monday, I was thrilled! And in February when I go back for my 6 month post cancer poke, scope and prod, I have to have faith that I'll be Ok. I feel fine so I don't anticipate an issue. That being said, even after 2.5 years, there's still some "scanxiety" that goes on. So I take my chill pills a few weeks prior and utilize the skills I learned in therapy to minimize the stress.

If you're not getting help, I suggest it. Therapy and/or meds can be quite beneficial. In the mean time, celebrate your health and good fortune. I have issues that can bury me six feet under. Living in constant fear and doubt does that to you above ground.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thanks miss anxiety. The rash lasted ages, probably a few months when I first noticed it. It then went away but over the years I've had rashes appear again, they normally last about a month and then go away. I can sometimes link it to when ice been doing lots of exercise and so put it down to sweating/ friction maybe? Did your GP give any indication of what could be causing it? Have you changed washing powder or any products maybe? Honestly it will be something like this rather than anything serious. My mum and friend have both come through breast cancer and honestly the breast clinics are so hot on everything, they'd be right on it if something was wrong.
    Fishmanpa you've been do brave, my mother is also a survivor and one of my best friends too. That's why I know I have to let this go and live my life now xxxx

Thread Information