Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Sport?

Talk Sport?

Just wanted to start a thread in which we can discuss all things sports-related if we wish?

I've been a fan of Crystal Palace Football Club for decades. I go to live matches when I'm mentally able to sit through most of the match and when positive adrenaline won't trigger panic attacks. Now we're in the Premiership it's not so much fun with all the plastic fans who have come out of the woodwork but at least I get to see all the famous footballers in action and all the fancy managers strutting their stuff on the touchline!

Does anyone else find therapy watching or playing sport of any kind?

Re: Talk Sport?

Big man utd fan sorry hon!! Cant watch anymore because of the adrenaline kick triggering panic like you said . Have to follow matches on internet on bbc sport !

It's annoying isn't it? I'm a quivering heap internally before the teams march out

What a good start, Pip asking what is a gooner haha. I have replied. I suppose it's better than a goner.

what makes me calm and relaxed is watching the horse racing

i love it, always makes me smile for some reason.

i love watching at the races (channel dedicated to it, would you believe!) and the yearly grand national

Stoke v Palace today! Terry and Magic, bring it on !

3 points in the bag for the Palace?

I live on a big hill and can see the stadium from my house so I will be willing lots of good luck Stoke's way! My big brother should be in the stands somewhere. It's not the same though, any Stoke fan who is a real fan will tell you the old stadium was the best.

If you are there and see a suspicious paper bag being hurled out of the Stoke end I would advise you to run because it's unlikely to the local delicacy in the bag, more a "welcoming gift"

Providing you one of these beforehand

I won't be there, Terry but I envy you your elevated position for viewing the Britannia in all its glory! No doubt you can spot Crouchie on a clear day?

I'll be keeping tabs on the match via Sky Sports. Can't really see us picking up any points but maybe a Zaha "penalty" will see us through.....

Am glad to be avoiding the "welcome pack"

My brother witnessed a "welcome pack" being "deposited" once...it was quite coordinated inside a circle of blokes. Ah, the old tricks. It's not the same now the stadium is bigger though, I think they would need a catapult thesedays!

Well, we are known for going into tackles like it's Sunday League so you may get lucky there!

I think I can see Crouchie walking around town...would prefer to see his missus though but I doubt she would be seen around the rest of us mere mortals!

I'm quite far away though, about 3 miles, so it's not like the lucky sods who live in apartments overlooking the tennis grounds aboard! Besides, the council would probably invoke some sort of tax to make some cash of it if we did.

I would love to live 3 miles away from a football ground! Must be awful to live literally on top of a ground because of all the fans dropping litter and generally being rowdy etc but just a short distance away would be perfect..

When I was young I loved seeing floodlights of any football stadium (hmm, wonder whether the autistic tendencies were burgeoning then..?)but I've happily grown out of that one

Does Crouchie actually have a mansion in the Potteries? I thought they were still based in the South (used to have a pile in Weybridge and Abbie would get spotted in the local Waitrose).

Ah well, roll on 3pm! COYP!

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information