Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Sport?

Re: Talk Sport?

I heard some teams won't be allowed to play. Is that true, Terry?

Do you have hockey in the UK?

N.

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    I heard some teams won't be allowed to play. Is that true, Terry?

Do you have hockey in the UK?

N.
    They have mentioned it for a couple of teams where the violence is out of control. I guess they hope the threat would be enough to stop it but it's far from fair on the teams since it's not their fault they have thugs in their country is it? It's not the first time, it happens at club level too in the internationals.

The threat should be to throw all the fans out. Let the teams carry on. Not fair on the normal people who have paid their money but if they can't find the thugs first, it may be their only option. The fans can then take it up with their own country. It's not far on the normal people in France, or other visiting supporters, putting up with this.

Yeah, we've got hockey. It's perhaps more a women's sport...if you mean traditional grass? If you mean ice hockey, yeah we've got that too. We have club teams in ice hockey, like we do for the American Football, and I used to work with a guy who played for his ice hockey side. He loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I should do, Terry, but I haven't really managed to raise much enthusiasm for the Euros yet. I should be supporting Wales as there are a few Palace players in the team..
    Probably a good decision not to bother after last night. Roy jumps before he is pushed. I guess that way he can run & hide while the players take all the flack.

A bit annoying if this video of the Welsh team is real. You expect that from fans but not from players.

It was very true, Terry....They were loving it! And why not? There's no love lost between the teams.

I'm glad Woy has gone and England are out-it's always the same excuses

I am too, I never rated him. I found his excuses for the World Cup to be pitiful and nothing has changed now. Yet we were doing better in the run up. What has gone wrong there?

He's taking flack about constant dithering in the matches by changing tactics so much he looks clueless.

I thought it showed a lack of respect for the players & fans that he ran off down the tunnel. Rooney & Hart have been interviewed but I haven't seen anything about Roy. I think that's really bad, be should be apologising for his failures.

Have taken my England flag in once again. I am hoping that Wales will do better.
    My G/daughter informed me that her mum (that's my daughter) used to teach Joe Hart. Well!! you learn something everyday!!!!!
    Last edited by Magic; 28-06-16 at 15:06. Reason: spelling

That's exciting! Did he use Head&Shoulders as a child?

I really want to join the conversation as I love sports. But I haven't a clue as to what or who you are talking about.

Baseball anyone! Hockey? ...horseshoes...

You are thankfully blissfully unaware of England's drubbing by Iceland in the Euro 2016 football (soccer?) Championships...

It has taken the headlines away from Brexit for a nanosecond which has to be good! Roy Hodgson the Manager resigned immediately afterwards..Carnage now ensues...

Haha...Thanks for enlightening me. Maybe we should look at our politics as a sport. Just crack a cold one turn on the tv and watch the nitwits battle it out.

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread Information