Thread: Symptoms of something serious :(

Symptoms of something serious :(

I have had very bad diarrhea for about 10 days and I'm so scared it is a symptom of something serious. For the first few days I felt awful, limbs really aching, bad temperature and feeling cold all the time etc. After a few days I had bad constipation, then briefly went back to normal, but now I have very bad diarrhea yet again. I feel ok within myself now, it's just that. Also I never threw up. But why would it last so long :( I spoke to my doctor he just said if it's still the same after another week to come in. But that hasn't helped me, I just feel so scared it's making me worse :'(

Is it normal to last so long? So sick of it.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

I just read it could be an early sign of HIV and I'm in full on panic mode. I don't know what to do I just feel so scared and sick and shaky :'(

Re: Symptoms of something serious :(

im new to all this anxiety stuff but i have read that anxiety can play havoc with your bowels.
    ive been anxious for 4 weeks now and my bowels havent been right the whole time. mine are looser than they normally are and i keep worrying if its normal.

lots of people seem to suffer with bowel problems when they are anxious

hopefully it will settle down for both of us soon
    xx

I was thinking maybe it could be my anxiety too, it's so bad at the moment. My tummy just feels so horrible. I've convinced myself I have either cancer or HIV and I just can't function it's really affecting me :'(

Quote Originally Posted by So View Post
    I just read it could be an early sign of HIV and I'm in full on panic mode. I don't know what to do I just feel so scared and sick and shaky :'(
    That's a leap that could earn you a gold medal at the Olympics! Has any of the other fears you've posted about the last year happened? As suggested by your doctor, just hang tight and see him if the symptoms persists and stay away from Dr. Google!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Haha very true I know ... I'm so bad for it because it always makes my anxiety sky rocket (like just now) i think because I've never had this for such a long time it worries me. And because I have no answers!

---------- Post added at 20:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

If anyone has had the same as me let me know! Is it normal to have diahhrea and tummy pains for so long?

im trying not to over think my loose bowels and just hope that they will settle down when my anxiety settles.
    im thinking that while we are anxious then our tummys will continue to be as well resulting in this.
    our bodies take a huge battering with anxiety and some things will take quiet some time to settle
    xx

Thread Information