Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT: white patch on tooth a gums. genuinely think Its oral cancer! help!

URGENT: white patch on tooth a gums. genuinely think Its oral cancer! help!

so a while ago I thought I had oral cancer because of a white bump thing. then boom. I foundsomething even more scarier!
    a legit, whiteish yellow solid patch on my tooth and gum.
    this is the scariest health scared. I tryed brushing it off. it isnt coming off .
    im only 16 years old. I dont smoke. and still at my age I am only thinking about dying of cancer. my feet and hands have been cold for over 3 hours now. I hate my anxiety so much.

what else could this be besides cancer?!
    im going to the dentist at some point. not sure when :/

Re: URGENT: white patch on tooth a gums. genuinely think Its oral cancer! help!

As for what it is, I don't know. All I do know is that I once convinced myself I had oral cancer when I saw white patches at the back of my mouth.

Long story short, I don't have oral cancer and I very much doubt you do either!

Go get it seen to put your mind at ease and to find out what it is, but try to relax and don't go to the worst place right away - it's extremely unlikely to be serious!

I'm an oral cancer survivor. At your age it's unheard of and quite frankly, it doesn't present that way. Just go to your dentist as it's most likely periodontal in nature.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Fishmanpa, you had oral cancer?
    I know its rare at my age...
    but its a whitish yellow patch thats about the size of my tooth itself.
    I really wish I could send a photo.
    but if you had it.. what it is like?
    white and red or could it be solid white? my "symptoms" are

1. white patch on gum and tooth.
    2. white tounge. (now im worried about scarlett fever also)
    ,3.mouth pain. ( I have cavitys)

Yep.... Squamous Cell Carcinoma, Stage 4. I'm old enough to be your father so I'll give you some fatherly advice.

First off, I won't describe my symptoms because it will only serve to feed the dragon. Suffice it to say they were nothing like yours or anyone else I know of that's had OC.

Secondly, you're FAR too young to be held captive by anxiety and HA. Please speak to your parents or an adult you can trust and get help with your irrational fears. I have a daughter 6 years older than you and she suffers from depression and anxiety. She came to me and her mother and we made sure she got help. She's in therapy and on meds and doing great.

Please hear what I'm saying and seek help. IMO, you don;t have oral cancer but you do have HA. After all, look wear you're posting this.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

yeah... I do need help. but im so sad and depressed because I can't believe what I am seeing on my gums.
    its right there front of the mirror. its impossible to ignore. :/
    its ruining my life sir. I just don't wanna die. :(

Quote Originally Posted by anxietysmymiddlename View Post
    its ruining my life sir. I just don't wanna die. :(
    We all leave this earth one day. You're not going to for a long, long time. I have physical issues that can bury me six feet under. Anxiety will do that to you above ground. Please, go to your parents or an adult you can trust. Print out some of your threads if you find it difficult to talk about and get some help,

Positive thoughts

I talk to my mom about it all the time. and my medical assistant brother doesnt believe me either. :(
    I post ln here because people actually listen and can relate.

Quote Originally Posted by anxietysmymiddlename View Post
    I post ln here because people actually listen and can relate.
    "Yeah But".... no one is going to affirm your irrational thoughts here either, even though they can relate. 99.99999% of everyone here never realizes their worst fears.

Positive thoughts

im sorry, my fears are very rational to me. I mean there is large white patch on my gum and tooth. I don't know. its the only conclusion I can jump too at the moment. :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information