Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stomach bug please help

Stomach bug please help

I've had a stomach bug since Thursday and have been in bed with it since I've had a constant temp of around 38.5 but my doctor said that's fine as its my body getting rid of the bug . I feel sick weak and my whole body aches!
    But what's worrying me is this fast heart rate every so often and palpitations
    I woke this morning with chest pains the pain was all of my chest and went into my back it hurt more when I breathed in ... It's fine now I'm just wondering if anyone has had this with a virus? Doctors are not open till Monday so I can't ask them to reassure me :(

Re: Stomach bug please help

I've had that wirh every stomach bug, that's normal. It's a pretty low fever too so don't worry...toddler has tonsillitis and has a fever of 40.1.
    Then pains will be because of pulling muscles when vomiting X

What daisy flower says is correct miss sunshine. The pain is likely due to muscle strains. They're always nasty those tummy bugs and really easy you out for a while. Plenty of fluids and rest xxxx

Thank you to both Daisy's 🌺 I was so scared it was a blood clot or something because I've been in bed for 2 days
    I think I'm slightly dehydrated because of the constant temp, your toddler seems to have it far worse hope they are okay. I have only vomited once but it's left me with a sore throat
    The fever has given me horrible muscle aches and dark pee and I'm so so dizzy when I stand :( every person with HA nightmare all this!

Dizzy daisy I hope your blood tests came back ok I haven't been on in a while x

You will be dehydrated miss sunshine which makes dizziness etc worse. Try and sip little and often.
    Argh the bloods. Well I'm mad at myself for that. It's been almost 2 weeks now since I had them taken and have not heard anything by phone or mail. I'm still being a total idiot and haven't called the surgery though and I really need to as I need a sick note for the last few weeks. I'm trying to reassure myself that they'd have called me by now if anything wasn't right but you know I keep getting that 'what if' doubt and it's making me so upset. I'm furious with myself actually xxxx

Is water the best thing to drink?
    It's been a horrible hour I've had waves of intense upper stomach pain which burns it last about 50 seconds and goes but it's coming every 5 minutes I've just took some paracetamol but my anxiety is sky high because now I'm dreading the pain :( any tips on how to cope with stomach cramps?

Oh honey don't be frustrated at yourself you have health anxiety which means test results are a major thing but I'm 99.9% certain they are fine because they wouldn't have left it this long to tell you if something was up. They get back in touch within a couple of days!!
    Just think how happy you will feel once you get your results and ask for the sick note. You'll be like.. Why was I worrying over nothing? xx

Water is best miss sunshine but just try and get any fluids down. I hate tummy bugs they make you feel so unwell I really feel for you. Not sure what would help with the cramps but I hope they pass quickly for you.
    Thanks for the kinds words xxxx

Thank you honey it's not been the best couple of days! xx

Dialoryte sachets from the chemist are good, you mix with water and you can keep it in the fridge for you to go back to through the day, they come in flavours, the blackcurrant one is nice. They work by replacing the salts and sugars you lose when vomiting or the diarrhea.

Let it run it's course and try to rest.

Hope it passes soon !!!!

Sounds very much like you've fallen prey to Norovirus, aka the Winter Vomiting Bug.

As recommended in the post above, get some 'Dioralyte' sachets in and make them up - I too like the blackcurrant one With anything like this, it is very important to keep up your fluid intake.

One thing doctors will not want you to do is visit them whilst you have this bug - it is highly contagious. And from personal experience, don't try eating too much too soon after you think you're better as you may just make yourself sick again.

It's one of those bugs that when you get it, you wonder what on Earth has happened to you - but it does pass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information