Thread: Finding it hard to work- anyone else??

Finding it hard to work- anyone else??

Hi I've suffered with HA and general anxiety since I was 16 and sm now 39. At first it was crap to deal with but I muddled my way through college and uni which was difficult with the anxiety. Anyway I had s spell where it was do bad I was agoraphobic which was the pits and I couldn't work, I eventually got work that I could go from home and then built myself up yo working full time again. For the last 12 years I've lived virtually a normal life with anxiety cropping up occasionally, but I've controlled it quite well so no time off work etc.
    This last 4 weeks I've been terrible and I feel so sad and mad about it. I've had s stressful few years with one thing and another, I've lost a few close friends and relatives, had relatives quite unwell and a few miscarriages etc, but despite this I seem to have coped ok on the whole. About 4 weeks ago I had a migraine with aura which always frighten me, it left me washed out and I then started with the panicking. I went to walk in and they said I probably had a virus, GP requested bloods which panicked me even more and it totally spiralled out of control. I was off work around 3 weeks because I'm just a mess and last week went back goin half days. I'm so upset and annoyed at the situation. Has anyone rise had trouble working and dealing with this anxiety? Xxxx

Re: Finding it hard to work- anyone else??

I've had trouble working before, yes. I now work four days a week because I can't cope with 5 days a week. A few months ago I had trouble concentrating the day through because I was so anxious. I would just work when I could.

I'm a bit of a mess right now but not as much as before. It's affecting my emotions at work - I've got out of control and have been lashing back at my managers when they've put me into awkward positions. Working while I've been a bit unstable meant that I acted a bit unprofessionally at work, and it's made things even worse for me. Maybe it's a good thing to work less when you need to get your balance back.

Re: Finding it hard to work- anyone else??

Thanks for your reply. It's not great working when you feel this crap eh. I've been coping generally ok but having some panicky feelings now and then. You're right I just have to take it one step at a time and hopefully I can build myself up again. Xxxx

Thread Information