Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavy body and unsteady feeling

Heavy body and unsteady feeling

HI,

Sorry to post again about this but tonight I am afraid.

A little bit of reassurance seeking here but it's really freaking me out and I could do with some words of reassurance, I admit.

My anxiety is very physical recently but it's mostly a DP feeling or general anxiety. A month ago I started getting a very heavy throat feeling, where I felt I couldn't take a breath. Not a tightness but a heavy feeling. It caused 2 huge panic attacks the weekend that hit and I had to skype a friend to help me through it. Since then I have learnt to let it be there but in the last 10 days I have started suffering from an unsteady feeling. When I am sat still it feels ok but the moment I walk around I feel heavy all down the back of my head, my throat and body just generally feels heavy. Now i am not in a panic attack or anything and no heart racing so it's not like adrenaline is flooding my system when it starts. The floor feels like I am walking on a boat and I feel off balance. It's freaking me out to the point I am avoiding walking around alot. Which is difficult being a busy mum.

Does this sound like anxiety? My BP is fine, ears ok, not been ill..... these symptoms started a month ago but now I feel unsteady with it and it's scaring me. I have never had physical symptoms like this. Today I have felt like strong DP feelings (I hope) where when I look in the mirror I feel I can see myself but I am hazy and out in the car tonight everything around me was distant and like I couldn't focus on my surroundings. Is this depersonalisation?

My husband said to me, you are in safe mode, I'd say all of this is depersonalisation but my anxiety has never really been physical so it keeps causing me panic attacks. Also because I am afraid I am ill and will collapse and have to see my GP or go to hospital.

I hate to post for reassurance but right now I am afraid of this, I wish it would stop. Every day I keep carrying on but it's not easy to let it be there, it scares me.

Bon

Re: Heavy body and unsteady feeling

Hi Bonni, only me. I'm feeling the same as you know and have been for about 4 weeks now. It's really distressing I can empathise fully. I guess we have to accept that it is all anxiety related.
    I've had this anxiety for years, although the last 12 years I've been more or less 'normal'. It's been a big shock to me to get this back after that time and of course it sent me into a massive panic as I was convinced it couldn't be anxiety again must be something else. I just have to keep saying I've been to a walk in centre and my GP over the past few weeks, both have sent me home so I try and tell myself they wouldn't have if they thought anything bad was wrong. Xxxx

Hi

Thanks for replying.

What did doctor say when you saw them about it?

I just scared myself. Walked round living room to try face the fear of it. I was fine but a little off balance then I walked toward the wall and on turning round to face the front again I had a huge rush of dizziness in my head. I sat down shaking. Hubby said you spun round fast that's all, but I've been sat down crying worried now..it'a not just my legs it's my head too now 😢

Aww Bonni I know how you feel. I'm the same honestly. Just take your time walking and try not to sit or stand too quickly when you feel this way.
    GP to be honest was not too sympathetic. She said maybe yo do bloods to check I didn't have low iron, thyroid issues etc which could be making me feel a little tired and dizzy. I know that this actually helps some people who are anxious as they feel that something is being done but for me the mention of tests is like a red rag to a bull as far as the anxiety is concerned. I tried to explain that it was making me feel even more frightened but she said not to be silly. I did have the bloods done but that was coming up for 2 weeks ago now. I haven't heard anything so I'm hoping this means nothing significant was found otherwise I'm sure they'd have been in touch. I have myself in s stupid situation now where I'm frightened to call the surgery - arrgh.
    Xxxx

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

I just want to add that I know that the GP was just trying to help as if I had low iron etc just looking st the anxiety dude of things wouldn't help, I'd need to have iron supplements etc to feel better. She was just a little abrupt about it all and didn't fully explain or reassure me even though she knew I was crapping myself about it. Xxxx

Gosh I can totally relate. I have agoraphobia so seeing a doctor is turmoil for me. I had a panic attack having a blood test in nurses room in September and since then my health anxiety is rife because I am terrified of needing to have an appointment again. So this dizzy feeling is freaking me more because of that.

I'm terrified now it's hit and it was like my head went all dizzy where as for the last 10 days it's been more a feeling of the floor moving. I'm terrified of fainting or something 😢

Aww don't worry if you had bloods so recently I'm sure yours is defiantly down to anxiety. I was agoraphobic for a few years so I can relate to that it was a total nightmare.
    I understand about the fear of fainting too. That was s big reason gif my agoraphobia actually but I had some therapy and they asked what would happen if I fainted and then said someone would pick you up and yo might feel embarrassed but that would be it. Made me look st it x little differently I suppose.
    Xxxx

My agoraphobia had improved alot recently until this. Now I'm terrified even walking around my house.

What did your gp so checks wise when you saw them?

With me it's a fear I will faint and end up in hospital and with me having agoraphobia that's a huge fear of mine.

I'd even got appointments under control again and this year faced dentist, optician, nurse and gp. Now I can't face any since panic in nurses room.

Yes I had bloods. Thyroid is borderline hypothyroidism and I have low ferritin. Ferritin being treated but thyroid being left.

I had thyroid, iron, ferritin, b13, renal and c reactive protein to check if I needed antibiotic as I thought I had a virus. It was almost 2 weeks ago now and not heard anything do I'm hoping this means they were all satisfactory. How did you find out about your results did they contact you and if so how long after the bloods were taken.?
    Bonni you will settle down again and can focus on improving the agoraphobia. Just have to let this nasty episode pass xxxx

Results are back within few days and you should call. At my surgery you speak to receptionist and they tell you what gp comment is under the results. If anything needs discussing you then book in to see gp. So I'd call hun.

I'm just praying this passes. I'm worried it's not anxiety at all especially after tonight when I felt room spin feeling 😢

Thanks for replying to me tonight xx

You're welcome hunny. I know I need to call them just to put an end to this what if thing if nothing else. I'm just taking some comfort in the fact that after 2 weeks I'm sure the surgery would have called me rather than wait if they needed to treat anything.
    In sure it is anxiety hunny, it's just vicious sometimes. Just try your very best not to worry about it and see if it settles a bit over the next day xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information