Thread: Had a really good day today

Had a really good day today

Today, has been great, no thoughts of health problems, been able to rationalise any sensation. Feel a million miles away from the person I was three months ago. I've done a lot of hard work on my own, learning to relax, be on my own, stop googling, stop visiting health professionals for reassurance.
    I had my first session of my third round of cbt on Thursday, alcohol reduction has been my first challenge as this was very important to me (I use alcohol to sleep, two to three small glasses per night), I'm down to one glass for past two nights and so far the difference has been great. I'm sleeping better, it's taking a little longer to get to sleep but I'm calm and actually able to reflect on the day.
    I've been far more tolerant and feel physically stronger. I still have a way to go, I need to end the belief that I'll drop down dead of a heart attack, I need to build up my confidence to exercise again and feel comfortable with my own heartbeat, however, I feel I'm making progress.
    For anyone reading this, read some of my threads from recent months, I posted only 10% of my worries, if I can do this, you can.
    Funnily enough, having surgery was a turning point for me, what I feared, turned out to be not so scary after all.
    Xxx

Re: Had a really good day today

It's great to hear this. I do find it so comforting to read previous posts of people and see their progress because it reminds me that most of these issues really are in our heads and can be banished with the right techniques. Keep up the good work!

Re: Had a really good day today

Great work Tracey that's such a great feeling when you start to have good days isn't it. Now you e made that break they will get more and more and you'll feel fantastic. You've worked hard for it. The seeking reassurance thing is a big one for me right now I think. Thanks for sharing your journey with us xxxx

Thread Information