Thread: Do persistent warts mean taht I have HIV?

Do persistent warts mean taht I have HIV?

So I've had warts in the same spot for years now (7-8 years) and they haven't gone away. My doctor has always been quite dismissive of them saying that they'll go away with time, but they haven't.

My younger sibling also has warts as well and recently being accepted into a health science course where I need to have testing of HIV, HepA/B/C etc, I've started to question myself whether persistent warts = immunosuppression = HIV? :///

Kinda crapping myself, not sure if I'm being irrational or not...

Re: Do persistent warts mean taht I have HIV?

No it doesn't it just means you have warts. Lots of people do so please try not to worry about this. You'll feel better when you have your blood screen which shouldn't take long at all. I'm not making light of this as I too have irrational fears but honestly you'll be fine. Xxxx

Thanks Dizy Daisy for your reply. Just in the verge of a breakdown hahahah just cause of irrational fears and everything.

Just feeling super run down and all and with the screening in a few months and these warts - my mind wants to link them together and try fill in the reason why I could've had these warts for nearly a decade!

Yes me too I'm run down and then the anxiety crept in and bam it's turned things upside down for a while.
    I'm not sure about in your country but here you can have the hiv test done at some std clinics and the results can be given in minutes. Just in case you think it might be good to just get it done and then you won't worry when you have to be screened for your course. I was screened a few years back and although I knew I wouldn't be positive I was worried sick xxxx

I have many warts and no it does not mean you have HIV at all.

Warts are caused by the HPV virus.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thanks so much guys for your reply. I'm sorry for all these irratonal posts, my mind has just not been stopping recently :(

Warts stick around and frequently come back. I had one burned off my foot 3x before it stopped coming back. Just nature of the beast.

Thread Information