Thread: Throat and swallowing issues or not?

Throat and swallowing issues or not?

Hi guys,

So I've had some laryngitis for a few months now and I went to my family doctor and he prescribed me some antibiotics. I've finished them now and there isn't any improvement.

The laryngitis manifests when I speak and my voice becomes all hoarsey and everything and super dry. It itches as well sometimes...\

In these few months I've also had a sensation in the back of the throat - particularly on the right side.

My doctor also noted that on the right side it seems more inflamed? Can allergies or whatever manifest like this because this is probably my most rational thought (since over here it is springtime). My irrational fear tells me it is throat cancer.

Also - just me tampering with my body but I was just eating and I was wondering if anyone while they're eating can make their food go down the right/left side of their throat. I can do it with water but I can't do it as well (if at all) with food :( [getting paranoid that this could be me losing swallowing functions]

PS. sorry for all the recent posts, I've been a total mess recently.

Re: Throat and swallowing issues or not?

Anyone? :(

Re: Throat and swallowing issues or not?

Heya, sorry to hear you've been ill for so long! I'm currently into my third month of ear problems, with this I've had an almost constant post nasal drip. Some days my throat feels almost swollen and it is more difficult to swallow, but I am putting that down to the mucus draining. I have also has a slight pain on the left side of my throat at the back, I believe this is where the Eustachian tubes connect to the throat so that's tjat explained.

Obviously I can't give a diagnosis but I know that all these things are linked and it takes one thing in your head/throat area to be wrong to cause anyone thing to happen. I hope you feel better soon

Thread Information