Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 -HTP

Re: 5 -HTP

Quote Originally Posted by Humly View Post
    I would keep taking them as its early days yet. Maybe taking 100mg in the morning is too much or you should take them in the evening. I'm not really sure whats best.

I'll let you know how I get on.
    i know you have to give these things time, i just hate feeling rubbish.
    i tried taking at night for 2 nights and i didnt sleep and i felt like my body was buzzing all night long oh it was horrible.

i dont know what best to do with these things either lol just want to feel normal and so want something to work.

Yes I really want them to work as well. If they are 50mg tablets try taking one in the morning and one later on, maybe late afternoon and see if that helps.

I have got some high strength 5htp pills (200mg) but have only taken them 3 days so no major or instant improvement on my mood, though I felt ok yesterday. I barely slept last night so feel very weepy today but it is ALMOST that time of the month, lol!!!
    It's so bloomin dark out all day long too which is not helping, so really hope along with 15mg of Mirtazapine my mood levels out, anxiety not horrific right now thank God1

Hi.

I know this thread is quite old but I just wanted to say...I have been on 5HTP 200mg for about 4 months and I don't feel any different really. I weaned myself off citalapram 5 months ago and feel now that I need to go back on them, my depression is in full swing. I would much rather take a herbal remedy but at the end of the day I just think well what's the difference, it's still taking a pill every day, I've tried to research if citalapram are dangerous for your body and not come up with many results so not sure. I don't feel a failure for wanting to go back on them I just feel it's a necessity same as any one else with an illness, they have to take medication maybe for the rest of their lives, why suffer ? I keep asking myself why am I depressed and I can't find one particular answer, maybe a multitude of things. My son came home yesterday, he lives in Australia and I haven't seen him for 3 years and now he has told me that's his life, that's where his home is, that's where he will start a family so that's not helped as I haven't stopped crying since he told me. I don't know, all i know is I don't want to feel like this hell on earth, I want to be happy so if that means going back on citalapram that's what I have to do...I have been on one anti depressant or another for probably 25 years on and off, maybe I've done permanent damage, is that even possible....do your seretonin levels go back to normal or were you just born with low levels so have to take the pills for the rest of your life, again I don't know but wish I had the answers

Amanda

I don't like taking meds but did previously take 5htp as it's natural and i seemed to be a litte less anxious but not sure if it was the 5htp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information