Thread: Soo frustrated

Soo frustrated

Hi! Last year around this time my gp diagnosed me with ibs. I was really bloated, feeling sick, diarrhea, cramps etc. that lasted almost three months and ruined christmas and my sons first birthday and nothing seemed to help. Feeling like this for such a long time I was really worried that it was something serious but then it just went away on its own. Now around a month ago I finished work and got some belly ache and got diarrhea. I thought it was just a one off probably because my body was a bit run down after working for 11 days straight but next morning I woke up with more diarrhea and cramps. Its been a month now and I am still the same. I really watch what I eat but its to the point where im scared to eat anything in case it will make me feel ill at work. I have better days but never a full day without any stomach problems. I usually feel better when Im at home and when its about time to go somewhere all of the sudden the cramps start and I have to run to the toilet. I literally refuse to go anywhere if there is no toilet there lol
    My question is, is it normal for ibs to last for this long? Does that even sound like ibs?

Re: Soo frustrated

IBS is a lifelong condidition and it can effect people in different ways.

You can have periods where its worse and periods where it goes away all together. Its usually created by stress or anxiety triggers as well as stupid little things, like being tired one day.

I'm the exact same. I've had issues for six years. Sometimes they are better and sometimes they truly suck.

IBS is one of this situ's where we all just need to learn how to accept and work with it. You will notice certain things trigger episodes (indeed you have identified two above). Try work with these. I'm the same, I have to be sure I have access to a toilet.

I used to be so worried about this but eventually I just accepted that 'If I gotta go, I gotta go' and its often lead to some very interesting conversations with people who told me 'they didn't have a toilet'.

If you need extra help, CBT can help to help you relax more.

I hope this helps! Send me a message if you wanna chat!

Thank you for your response! My stomach cramps have been a little better (touch wood) but diarrhea is still there. I have lost around 5kg but I am eating very little and very simple foods so I guess 5kg in over a month is not too bad. But my stools are really pale (sorry for too much information lol) even if its not that loose, its still pale, light brown colour. I know I shouldn't have but I googled and it came up with all the liver diseases and since I have swollen glands under my jaw I freaked out that it spread to my liver :(
    Can Ibs make your poop pale? I had a blood test at the end of July, do you think it would pick something up?

Its just so depressing when there is always something wrong with me. Its only 2pm and I already took three tablets, one for ibs, one painkiller and one to stop diarrhea. I know that I have misdiagnosed myself with lots of horrible things and thank god I was wrong but it's difficult to not think that something serious is going on when youre unwell for so long. I work so much now, its 12/13 hour shifts 6 times a week and because of this stomach I feel like I cant do this anymore... Im on my break at work now and I just feel like running away and crying :(

How are you feeling now Alex? Hope things have settled down a bit for you.

I'm in a similar situation with diarrhea :(, haven't been diagnosed with IBS but think that's what I have - it seems to stay with me for a few weeks and then disappears?!

Oh god, please help :(
    So on Monday last week I went to see my GP. He said that we will start with a stool test and if that doesn't show anything he will run some other tests. I asked if it could be my ibs which he said that it could be but it can be anything like an infection that he could easily treat. I left happy and reassured and my symptoms got better, i took some medication to stop diarrhoea on that day and didn't have it since (until now), I was still watching what I eat just in case, until yesterday I was tired, hungry and wanted a treat so we ordered pizza. I went to bed feeling ok and woke up at 5am in pain and really bloated. I took some painkillers, cried a little, fell asleep for half an hour and woke up in pain again. It hurts the worst when lying down so I cant go back to sleep. I should know that its probably the pizza that made me feel unwell, but somehow I cant tell myself that I will probably get better in a few hours. Is it normal for the pain to be worse when lying down?

So after that pizza my stomach was still bad tuesday and wednesday, thursday when i was at work I felt better and i spoke to a few people who also said that pizza hut makes them ill everytime. Yesterday was my first day off after 10 days of work and i woke up feeling great, had some toast and my stomach started to hurt when I went shopping with my mom but i ignored it cause leaving the house normally upsets my belly a little bit. It got better when I got home. I also went on treadmill for 20 minutes last night because i want to try and see if working out makes my symptoms better but it actually caused some cramps. Then when i made dinner for my mom and my partner i tried some of the pasta i made (i wasnt going to eat it because it had chorizo in it and its too fat to eat on a sensitive stomach) and half an hour later i was crying in the toilet. I had painkillers that didnt help and hot towels (that helped a little) and eventually fell asleep around 3am. I woke up today still in pain and am waiting for a taxi to walk in centre. I really hope they do something and help... Im going to work at 4 and i really cant do anything in this pain :(

Pasta, Pizza and Bread.......

Have you been tested for Celiac or Gluten intolerance?

Seriously..... It could be that.

Thread Information