Thread: Very anxious uneven pupils

Very anxious uneven pupils

Hi, back again after feeling a lot better.
    The last few weeks I've been feeling pretty awful, just wanting to sleep and lie down and generally low. I started back on 25mg of sertraline.
    3 nights ago I noticed one of my pupils different size to the other which I've never noticed before. It does dilate and constrict in different light and isn't fixed but I've had a mild headache for past couple days (nothing new).
    I had an eye test 3 weeks ago, slight change in Rx and perpherial fields were fine.
    Spoke to the optician a couple of days ago and he told me to see GP but can't get an appt for over a week.If the optician thought it was serious I know he would have seen me again or referred me to hospital, but I'm a hypercondriac so I'm worrying! I know there are loads of possible reasons, but I can hear a little voice screaming the most unlogical reasons!

Re: Very anxious uneven pupils

I've had this phenomenon for close to 5 weeks now, along with a pressure (very minor tension headache if you will) for the duration of this time as well. Only for me, sometimes its the right pupil and sometimes its the left pupil that's more dilated then the other. I also had an exam with an eye surgeon and came back negative and the GP did a brief neuro which reported back with nothing. Still scared just like you, but its the constant headache feeling (more like a pressure feeling) that's got me going.

Yeah, I have same kind of tension and pressure in my head. My pupils get bigger when I take antidepressants but never one bigger than the other.
    Does your headache ease with pain killers ? I took some yesterday and it went awY but the feeling is back today.

If you do a search I am sure that you will loads of posts about this as it seems to be quite a common thing.

Yea I agree with the above. There are quite a few links to ssris and further dialated pupils. In my case they are uneven at random (less then 1mm), and painkillers don't seem to get rid of the feeling of pressure, but that's probably because they aren't headaches per say but pressure if you will.

Thread Information