Thread: Lets start this silly recovery already

Thumbs up Lets start this silly recovery already

Hi everyone,

I was previously registered on here when I had a few panic attacks, now and again...but I seem to have forgotten my details.

Since the last time I was on here, my anxiety has ramped up and become an all day, every day thing.

Obviously not helped by world events, all I seem to do is panic and worry. Even to the point where I'm getting a taxi to and from work. I hate the idea of leaving my flat in the mornings :(

Today I took a massive step forward for myself. Firstly, I may be nearly 32 (jeez I'm getting old haha), but I still need my folks for support. I finally told them how I'm feeling and that I can feel an agoraphobia vibe coming on. On top of this, I finally booked an appointment with my doctor to discuss everything - this is a long time coming, I've suffered for nearly 5 years.

Fingers crossed this is the start of my recovery.

I hope all you lovelies are well and that it's not been too hard on you today.

Lots of love and hugs

Nikki xx

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Meandering and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Lets start this silly recovery already

Thank you

I'm determined to get rid of it now! xx

Hi X I think you've totally done the right thing talking to your family X. I've been off work a couple of weeks now and I'm starting to feel like I don't want to leave the house - but I do feel better if I do and also when I talk to people.

My fingers are crossed for your recovery too X

Thank you everyone. I'm at work at the moment and feel constant panic/ fear. I don't know what to do :(

I just want to go home and have a little cry

Try to relax - I sometimes just have a walk to the toilet and have some deep breaths? You can do this - it's a bad day - but you can get past this x

hello.

welcome

Hi Nikki, I'm a fellow newbie so thought I'd say welcome. If it makes you feel better I am 30 and my Mum was the first person I told how I was feeling. I live with my boyfriend and despite him being great for some reason there's just no substitute for parents :-) I wonder at that age you finally feel like a proper grown up and that gut instinct to run to your parents goes?!

Laura - I'm 48 and I still go straight to my Mum for support and comfort - you're never too old for that! X

Thread Information