Thread: Scan is clear, coming off medication, yet physical symptoms :(

Scan is clear, coming off medication, yet physical symptoms :(

This really should be a more positive post, but unfortunately despite the news my MRI is clear (on and off dizziness for 2-3 years plus huge anxiety attacks in the past 3-4 months) and the fact I am now slowly coming off Diazepam (beta blockers didn't help...) I am still getting physical symptoms.

These are different. I feel more like I'm aching, not weak, just like a fever but it's not.

I have noticed it come on and off for the past few days. I haven't had lots of sleep recently, so this doesn't help, but I am getting frustrated.

Everytime I get a physical symptom of anxiety, I try to ignore it now (and try to make sure I don't google again) and I am feeling happier and more positive, but, there is that little part of me that thinks 'why am I still having physical symptoms?'

It has been 4 months of medication and the extreme anxiety has been with me since April/May approx. I started to feel the symptoms physically in June.

Am I just expecting too much?

I do feel quite calm inside but I lost it the other day over something very minor and made myself quite anxious.

Would the decrease and slow stop in diazepam cause issues? It's only 2mg...I was on x3 a day but now down to x 1 per 48 hours.

Re: Scan is clear, coming off medication, yet physical symptoms :(

Coming off diazepam is really difficult. You will undoubtedly be getting some symptoms from that. It sounds like the rebound anxiety is really getting to you, but it will pass.

Re: Scan is clear, coming off medication, yet physical symptoms :(

Quote Originally Posted by xvolatileheart View Post
    Coming off diazepam is really difficult. You will undoubtedly be getting some symptoms from that. It sounds like the rebound anxiety is really getting to you, but it will pass.

Thanks. I've quit the diazepam now....none for 3 days now.

GP thinks it may be wise to try something less 'addictive' just to take the edge off (and beta blockers didn't work).

I've been offered CBT, so I'm taking it. They also think I may be suffering from a little depression following what has been the hardest year of my life.

Thread Information