Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: polyps

Re: polyps

I can relate somewhat. Last December I had my yearly woman check up and my doctor noticed my uterus felt big. She sent me for an ultrasound and it confirmed my uterus was the size of a 12 week pregnancy. They couldn't find a reason for it on ultrasound so she told me not to worry and we'd check at my next yearly. That is coming up in 2.5 weeks and I'm SO nervous!!! I don't have any strange symptoms. My periods are normal, no heavy bleeding, some clots but nothing crazy, some cramping but its mild. I'm just beside myself with worry. I'm 31 and have had 2 kids by C-section my most recent one being 7 years ago.

Im exactly the same Sallyg, I always presume the worst! Ive been to see GP regarding results of my scan and she said that the lining is thick and could mean I have hyperplasia. Straight home to DR Google and now out of my mind with worry. Thinking of paying to go private as I cant stand waiting for appointment with Gynae to come through!! Hope your check up goes well Leslie735 x

Hi Tracie - the worry is excruiating isn't it? For me, it is the unknown and even if I am told something, I create more and more unknowns. I guess a thick lining is another possibility for me, if a hormone imbalance has been going on for a while.

What is the next step for you? From my understanding, hyperplasia is not a cause for concern, it might be if it wasn't discovered.

Finding my irregular periods difficult, all my life they have been regular, the same type of bleeding from month to month etc, now the length between is not consistent and neither is the flow. I am advised more than likely it is hormonal but.......I am 45 and I think this magic number means other reasons are more possible which they need to check out.

Butterflys in my tummy already for mondays examination, I do hate the whole thing about waiting for news - good that you have results and I hope you don't worry too much, private healthcare has entered my mind as well

Hi Sallyg, Im 45 too, so as you say must be the magic number! Ive never had erratic periods, it just suddenly started going wrong this year. Thought it was just my age, but my Dad was ill and died so was stressed too and put it down to that. Cant ignore a two month bleed though so reluctantly dragged myself to GP. I do make mountains out of molehills so Im trying to be positive. Hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Let us know how you got on. Thinking of you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information