Thread: Despair and dread

Despair and dread

As some people may have read on my previous posts, I have been suffering with a chest infection for 3 weeks and chest pain (supposedly from coughing) for over a week.

I was signed off work for a week but I don't feel ready to go back tomorrow. Do I go back to my GP and get another note? I'm hoping I won't need the full week off, just a few extra days.

However, as I'm feeling so low and my anxieties have come back worse than before, I need someone here with me tomorrow. I moved away from my home in the south in March to live with my boyfriend in the North. I have no family here and no friends.
    I have asked him to take a day off tomorrow to stay with me, he said he's going to try and take it as annual leave. I'm scared they will pull him up on it, but I don't want to be on my own at the moment. I feel terrible. I know I'm being selfish but I can't bear my own company for 8 hours tomorrow :(

---------- Post added at 18:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Anyone? :(

- Emily Brontė

"No matter how irrational I may sound, it's real to me"

Re: Despair and dread

You will need another note from Doctor, but think minimum is a week hun. When we're anxious, our own company is awful, hopefully your boyfriend will be able to stay home with you.
    Xx

You should go to work! You shouldn't stay home and then ask him to miss work to keep you company! Get out and you won't be alone! Staying busy is the best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsparkleshine View Post
    You should go to work! You shouldn't stay home and then ask him to miss work to keep you company! Get out and you won't be alone! Staying busy is the best thing.
    It's not as easy as that if you're still feeling poorly, coupled with anxiety it's the hardest thing.

---------- Post added at 19:55 ---------- Previous post was at 19:54 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Traceypo View Post
    You will need another note from Doctor, but think minimum is a week hun. When we're anxious, our own company is awful, hopefully your boyfriend will be able to stay home with you.
    Xx
    Ok but if they sign me off for another week, can I go back say mid week if I'm feeling better?

- Emily Brontė

Where I work if you are signed off for a week you can't go back before as your doctor has said you are unfit for work for that period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by almamatters View Post
    Where I work if you are signed off for a week you can't go back before as your doctor has said you are unfit for work for that period of time.
    Ok but I think I may need only a few extra days and because I've already gone through the seven days self cert thing, I don't know how to approach this next few days off sick...?

- Emily Brontė

I'm not sure because I can only go by my own experience which was sick note for 2 weeks and then fit note to return. I remember feeling well enough to go back halfway through the second week but my employer said I would have to wait till the Monday because of insurance and things. I don't really understand the system outside that I'm afraid. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Thread Information