Thread: Chest pain ? Scared can't stop crying . At home alone

Chest pain ? Scared can't stop crying . At home alone

I have this stabbing pain at the top of my left chest were my muscules r the pain has been coming and going for the last few hours . Sometimes it moves from one side to the other and it comes and goes . I don't think it's a heart attack am 20 and have had many ecg to check my heart in the past . It's just really terrifying AV had similar pain to it before . It seems to relief when I take deep breaths . I guess j just want some reassuring from anyone who has had this that its just anxitey causing the pain or the muscules to tighten . Really freaked out can't stop crying please help

Re: Chest pain ? Scared can't stop crying . At home alone

Hello, I've had this before during a panic attack. I think it's due to me tensing my muscles a lot which then causes the stabbing pain. Once I got that it just spiralled because I convinced myself I was having a heart attack.

There are a few breathing techniques you can try. Personally, I find this one useful - breathe in for two counts, hold in for two counts, breathe out for two counts and hold for two counts then repeat. Or you could try breathing in for 4 counts then out for 6 or 7.

There's are a couple of apps that I've used that I found good - SAM and MindShift.

I hope you feel better soon x

hang in there, we've all gone through similar situations. Tell your self it's nothing to be afraid of.

Hey girl,
    I actually feel like I'm going through the same thing! Actually posted about it today too. Im 21 so we're pretty close in age too. I've been feeling sharp pains in my chest area as well, sharp and come and go. They're also pretty quick. Im glad you're not worried about your heart because I on the other hand am terrified it's my heart. I actually had an EKG and blood tests a few days ago (which were fine) before this pain even started. It started yesterday for me and has me just as scared as you. Crying as well thinking I'm dying. I feel for you. I'm hoping for the both of us it's just anxiety and stress. Just keep deep breathing and staying calm! And if all else fails of gets worse then maybe a trip to the doc. Stay strong! And most importantly relax bc crying and getting scared makes things so much worse! Take it from me! Positive thoughts you're not alone!

Oh, I just realized this is a little old! How did everything work out then? Hope it turned out to be nothing!

Thread Information