Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone had EXTREME existential thoughts?

Re: Has anyone had EXTREME existential thoughts?

Hi Otulissa, I just wanted to let you know that I can really relate to the thoughts you are having, I also constantly think maybe things aren't real, a really disturbing one is thinking I'm already dead and am just a spirit imagining it all. I hope someone can give you a recovery story. There are probably plenty of people who have suffered with these thoughts for as long as you have, that have then gone on to recover fully but a lot of them probably stay away from these forums once recovered, which is understandable but doesn't help us! X
    Last edited by Jenijar; 23-05-16 at 23:57. Reason: Grammer

I've been having these exact thoughts recently - compounded by an extreme fear of death, of the world ending, and of the passage of time. I have been crippled by these thoughts for the past few months and I'm sorry to hear that you haven't recovered yet. I wish I could offer you more advice but I just wanted to say I can totally relate and I wish you the best of luck. Have you spoken to a therapist about this issue?

Hey I getcha, my first panic attack was when I was like 10 and I started to think about what happened when you died and now 7 years later I still have to block out such thoughts because I'll freak out, honestly I had to skim read the comments so I didn't think about that sorta stuff. It's the worst because there is literally no way to get answers to your questions. Sometimes when I feel like I've made life up I have a wee joke with myself "bit vain to think I could make up such a complex existence". I've even tried to get more invested in religion because it's like a blind faith/ comforting ignorance or something but not much works. The only way I don't panic is if I don't think about it. Sorry I couldn't be much help but you aren't alone x

my existential thoughts have become so extreme and are in my mind from the moment I awake until I finally fall asleep. I've had such extreme anxiety attached to this. The passage of time one started it all. Realising that there never is a moment of 'present'. Present is instantly the past and the whole concept is just so strange and disturbing. I have had to adjust to life in this strange new reality that everything that happens is just disappearing in to what ever hole time disappears to. This led me to a whole Pandoras box of philosophical questions and questioning everything about our existence and the purpose of everything. It's absolute hell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information