Thread: Im sure I have a carcinoid tumour

Im sure I have a carcinoid tumour

I'm panicking that I have a carcinoid tumour!!

Symtoms -

1. Loose bowels - I have had this since the summer - I've been to the doctors / hospital and I've been referred for a colonoscopy (23rd Dec )
    2. Flushed face - I've noticed that I seem to regularly get a flushed face for no apparent reason
    3. Feeling of nausea / abdominal pain - Everyday since Friday (and sporadically previously) I've had this sudden onset of feeling sick. Seems to come on around mid morning. The abdominal is mild to be fair (2 out of 10).

Dr Google says its carcinoid tumour. Like I said the loose bowels (TMI!) has been going on a while. At first I didn't really notice it - you know these things change over time + I was trying supplementing magnesium (which can give you loose bowels). But after a few months I noticed that everyday was loose.

Then I notice what I thought was blood. This gave me the willies so I shot down to the doctors quick sharp! The doctor referred me to the hospital for a sigmoidoscopy.

Before the appointment I had decided that it probably wasnt blood (after closer inspection ) - and was probably something I'd eaten. But after the sigmoidoscopy the doctor remarked "I see what you mean about the blood..." - I was too dumb stuck to ask what she had seen...

Now I have 23 days to wait until the colonoscopy and Dr Google is convincing me that I have carcinoid tumour.... I dont know what to do? Should I go back to the doctor and tell them about the sickness I've been feeling?

Urgh! I hate HA. And not being well.
    Last edited by wheredidthiscomefrom; 01-12-15 at 16:29.

Re: Im sure I have a carcinoid tumour

Hello I've been the same and I'm only 23 and been suffering so bad with anxiety! I hate sitting around waiting for appointments so I can imagine the anxiety that your feeling but I'm sure it is absolutely nothing! How old are you if u mind me asking? I've been suffering with terrible anemia too which triggered al this anxiety off it's awful 😔 Try talking to your doctor about your anxiety and see how he may help u? He may even reassure you? I've been having loose bowels too but I do think that it is down to anxiety and stress. Glad we can be there for eachother. X

Thanks for the reply. I'm 33, and I've talked to my GP re the anxiety and they referred me for a course of CBT. Not sure it really helped as I don't think I've ever really believed I'm not sick and it is just anxiety. I actually think I'm ill. Which is probably making me feel worse.

Anxiety is awful what it can do to you. Even on days where you feel fine and better than normal the symptoms can still linger! Really hope you can sort it soon, it's awful feeling like this :(

Thread Information