Thread: I'm afraid of losing control.

I'm afraid of losing control.

I'm 16 and I've been dealing with anxiety for about a year now and since this summer my biggest cause for anxiety is the fear of going crazy. I know that logically I'm not but when I work myself up I get really scared honestly. I've been to some the doctors and did some counselling and it helped quite a lot. It just sounds so scary. Psychosis and Schizophrenia scare me a lot. My doctor and counselor both told me that it may seem real but it's not a possibility. I just need some some advice on how to cope with it. The anxiety makes me feel like I'm disconnected with the world and I start to think "what if". Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Re: I'm afraid of losing control.

If your seeing xounselors your on the right path. It sucks. It really does! This website can help you a lot too. But hey think of it like this, if by any chance you do go crazy you won't know it happened! Think of all the stuff you could get away with! I can't wait to be old and walk around talking my pants off in public. Lol sorry just trying to help you feel better.

My first panic attack was when I was 17 I think. I was playing a game of Billiards for money when it hit. After the high wore off I came down into a spacey not in my body experience. I have been through the out of head feeling for years and I have not went insane. The fact that you question your sanity should be proof you are sane. I'm pretty sure most people have a inner voice. Also I'm pretty sure most people can remember conversations they had at times like hearing music in your head. Here's my advice pick a musical instrument and learn to play it. You'll know which one is meant for you because it'll come natural. I was told a lot of people with anxiety are musicians. For me it was Drums, the first time I had a snare in front of me beats just flowed naturally. My escape when I was a teen was my drums. For your sake stay away from alcohol, ciggaretes, and any other substance. I have been down that road and it leads to nowhere but losing yourself. I started drinking at 18, I was using Copenhagen @ 15. Maybe you should try going out in the woods that should help. Get engaged in something that use your senses and your mind.

Jherron I really appreciate your comment. My anxiety started from smoking a lot of weed lol. I just get this feeling as if I'm disconnected from everything and worry if it's something extremely serious, but yeah I use to smoke a lot actually. About 2 packs a day, I quit around last year and I've never drank yet but I plan on it eventually. Just not smoking the pot. Once again I appreciate it man.

Marijuana did me the same way, when I was 16 I smoked some laced with coke. That did it for me, never touched it again. I had a total freak out and could feel blood running through me. Yeah if I was you I'd stay away from pot as it sounds like it's causing a dissociative state in you. Some people call it Derealization and it's aggravating. Basically it's your brains way of saying I have had enough and I'm tuning everything out.

Yeah, I don't really feel it unless I think about it. Counseling practically did wonders but I stopped going because anxiety went away and now that it's back I feel like I should start again but the moneys tight with my family. I just hype myself up by thinking I'll never be normal again and that my life's over.

Your in the states so I'm pretty sure they have income based mental health services. I know they do in Alabama and I would think they do in other states.

Thread Information