Thread: Convinced I'm dying from sphenoid sinus

Convinced I'm dying from sphenoid sinus

I have no congestion and having occipital headaches. I have sinus pressure and pain behind my eye. Ear and neck ache. Read that these are symptoms to sphenoid infection. I see my doctor tomorrow but probably won't get a scan for another 2 weeks (insurance is slow to approve here). Scared I'm going to die before I get my scan and proper treatment.

Re: Convinced I'm dying from sphenoid sinus

I've never heard of anyone dying from a sinus infection. My grandad noticed a lump between his eyes that grew bigger and bigger over time until it was sticking out so far that he looked funny. He eventually went to the doctors who scanned him and said it was an infection so bad that it had created a cyst in his sinus that has literally come through his skull. Even then, he didn't die or even come close to it, just had some heavy duty, long term antibiotics.
    I replied to you in a post before but not sure if you saw it, I once had a sinus infection for 6 weeks that just wouldn't go. I didn't have any symptoms other than a daily headache. 2 lots of antibiotics did nothing. I bought 'sinu rinse' which I know you can get in the states, it's called a Neti pot too. Washed lots of gross stuff out of my sinus till I eventually blew out something really nasty and my headache vanished. You are NOT going to die of a sinus infection....

No, I didn't see it. For some reason I never get a notification when I get a response. I always have to constantly check my posts to see if I get any replies.

My worry is that the sphenoid sinus cavity is close to the brain and can spread the infection to the brain. I bought that Ocean salt water saline spray to see if that'll help me. Also going to try mucinex even though I'm not plugged up. The weather here is also very dry and I'm hoping my sinuses are just acting up because of the dry weather. And that's the cause of my headaches and pressure.

I'm not sure that spray will get all the way up there, the sinurinse goes in one nostril and out the other so you know it's going all the way through. Weather definitely affects sinuses, as does allergies x

Thread Information