Thread: confusion

Exclamation confusion

Hi guys
    Can any one tell me if they get their words mixed up when talking to people
    Its like iv lost my confidence or something

Re: confusion

Never happened to me, sorry. I just stammer a bit if I'm really nervous.

Yes all the time it's really quite embarrassing isn't it? Sometimes I know what I want to say but my brain and my mouth don't want to work together. I couldn't think of the word for eye the other day. Anxiety mixed in with side effects of meds I think

me too ! i thought i was going nuts ! i still can't think strait, i'm on zoloft but can't tell if it's working really (my memory is shot and my anxiety is sky high)...the sooner you stop been so self-concious about what you want to say, the sooner you shake this off, trust me, i did it ! hope i can manage the rest

Hello Melvin,
    I think it's nothing to worry about, we all mess up words from time to time. It can happen to anybody and is not a significant problem at all. Was it when you talked too much or when you tried to reply to a quiestion? Anyway, I don't find it disturbing at all. You don't need to worry

Thanks for your replies guys appreciate it

Yeah, I've done loads of this. I've also had many times where I just can't seem to recall the right word no matter how hard I try. I have had issues with forgetting things too.

The thing to remember is that anxiety/depression has a known link to reduced Serotonin, they just don't know whether it causes or is caused by such disorders. However, Serotonin isn't just the neurotransmitter that helps us feel happy, (it's role with mood) it is used in many processed thoughtout the body (far more than in the brain hence why 90% is in the gut and can't reach the brain) but in the brain it has functions such as memory & learning.

Neurotransmitters allow signalling to take place so if there isn't enough in the tank, it will be struggling to perform the processes it is being asked to because of lack of "fuel".

Thread Information