Thread: Reassurance

Reassurance

I went to urgent care early last month for the heart palpitations I was having after I had two panic attacks. They did an EKG. It came back good and the doctor said it was anxiety and stress. They gave me a low dosage of Xanax (which thankfully I haven't had to take). The heart palpitations were going away. At least I thought so. I just don't want to slip back into a pattern of worrying. I'm so over this.

Re: Reassurance

Hi aangel, I am sorry you are experiencing worry over heart palpitations. I have recently become plagued with them to a point where my first thought in the morning would be worrying over having them. Sometimes I get a big "thump" in my chest, other days I will have runs of them of what seems like at least 5 a minute :/ An EKG two to three weeks ago caught these "extra beats" and my dr said they were coming from an area of the heart of no concern. Anxiety and stress can play a number on the body and can cause weird physical manifestations.

Thread Information