Thread: I'm somewhat worried? My upper-lip area shakes uncontrollably when I smile

I'm somewhat worried? My upper-lip area shakes uncontrollably when I smile

As the title suggests, my upper lip twitches/quivers uncontrollably anytime I smile. The quiver/twitches occur a few seconds after I start smiling, and it starts off in the corners (where the lips connect) on both sides. I should also note, when I say smile, I mean a grin-like smile < a bit like that!

The longer I keep smiling it quivers/twitches more and more.

Any ideas? I'm going to the Docs next week, but being in a situation where I have no clue isn't helping!

Re: I'm somewhat worried? My upper-lip area shakes uncontrollably when I smile

Maybe a trapped nerve?

Quote Originally Posted by misslove View Post
    Maybe a trapped nerve?
    I don't get any pain, could it still be a trapped nerve without pain? It feels more like the muscle itself if it makes sense...feels like I'm getting weaker in general too :(

i used to get twitches in my cheeks and corners of my eyes, turned out to be calcium deficiency, try taking some suppliments with D3 vitamin, it should get better.keep it up for 2-3 months and see the difference.

Thread Information