Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heart palpitations???

Unhappy Heart palpitations???

Hey everyone, I was doing so good for the past couple of weeks until Wednesday when I noticed a weird heart flutter feeling a couple times. I've since had it since then but I didn't notice it Friday oddly enough. But I had what I think was a bad panic attack last night. My heart was racing and and then I took my heart rate and it was like 140ish so I freaked out even more and I started feeling shakey and my hands tingly. I went to the ER and by the time I had gotten there I was better than I was but they did a blood test which came back fine and then a EKG which came back fine.. A little elevated but the doctor said more like an anxiety related elevation. My blood pressure was also a little elevated but nothing to worrisome they said. At the hospital I noticed my heart rate going from high 80s to 100.. Mostly 90. Still high for me as I'm usually in the low 70s. Well they sent me home with a Holter monitor which sucks because I feel so paranoid about it and I'm scared what the results will be. I have to wear it for 24hrs. Well I feel like a couple times today I could feel my heart beat which worried me. But it went away.. And I felt it after I ate some pop tarts. I also took my daily B vitamin complex vitamin. I did some research and I'm wondering if this vitamin b complex is causing these palpitations or racing heart?? It's been 18 days of taking it daily. I've never felt this before and obviously I'm very scared and now my anxiety is bad again and I'm trying to stay positive but this Holter monitor is like a reminder of my worries. I'm only 21! I'm so very worried about my heart. Another thing is that I started my 'time of the month' yesterday and also wondering if hormone fluctuations can cause this in conjunction with the b complex. I keep thinking the worst and that they are going to want to do open heart surgery or something. So scared and need some insights or at least kind words to help me. Please! :( I also feel like now I'm so hypersensitive to my heart beat that I don't know what is normal now. Everything worries me.

Re: Heart palpitations???

I had palpitations quite often after drinking. Did you drink?

Quote Originally Posted by Urusainaa View Post
    I had palpitations quite often after drinking. Did you drink?
    That's what I was thinking. Even so. Palps are a common symptom of anxiety.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well I'm not a heavy drinker by any means.. Although Friday around 3 I had a beer and a half.. But I had experienced these palps Wednesday night outta nowhere and have just had them since. The thing about Friday is that I didn't even notice them.. I was helping clean out the basement.. Then I had that beer. but since yesterday with I guess my panic attack I'm so worried and focusing on my heart more.. Especially with this darn Holter monitor on. I don't think I've ever felt palps before just outta nowhere though, I wish I would have mentioned that b complex vitamin because that's the only new thing I've been doing with my body.

At the start of 2015 I started getting them. I had them this morning. Not like you though. I have a heart monitor app and it showed that my heart rate was a healthy 60 but IT FELT like it was going too fast.

Whenever I have this anxiety always comes with it.

Yeah.. My anxiety and worries always run wild when I feel like my hearts acting up. I have one of those HR monitors on my phone as a app.. Pretty accurate too.. I'll compare manually to check. But yeah when I would feel that I guess flutter, I'd check my heart rate and it be in the 70s. Pretty normal for me. But ever since yesterday that panic attack I had I feel like my HR is higher that normal. I havent checked it today because I don't want to cause anymore anxiousness then I already have because this Holter is enough to of an anxiety inducer as it is. Trying not to work myself up. I'm just scared about the results so my mind will start racing and then my heart I feel like will beat more noticeablely.

Have you tried deep breathing?

Yes I do try to deep breath and calm myself when I start feeling like I'm about to get worked up. It does help lower the heart rate / noticeable heart beating sensation. I wonder if I'm really getting to hypersensitive to my heart.. Is that something that can happen? With anxiety? I feel like I'm way too focused on it and I know I shouldn't be. So hard not too though :/

I know what you mean. I dunno how or why these palpitations started....just wish they'd stop.

Just a suggestion...

The app on your phone seems to feed your anxiety. It may be wise to delete it.

It's funny. I actually have heart issues. I've had two heart attacks, triple bypass surgery and triple stents. At my last check up, my cardiologist told me to lose wight, exercise, stop taking Carvedilol and buy a blood pressure monitor. I was told, if my blood pressure was high, I should take one additional dose of my BP med (lisinopril). In the last two days, I've checked on a schedule, morning and evening, and so far all is well. I store it in our powder room and only take it out when I need to check.

Being that you don't have real heart issues, my advice stands, Delete the app.It's just feeding the dragon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information