Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: started sertraline

started sertraline

Started sertraline a week tomorrow. Was doing ok, actually noticed a slight improvement in my anxiety but since last night I have been in a continuous state pf extreme panic. Its horrible. My head is dizzy and headachy at the back and that makes me panic more. I know I just have to wait it out but hoping this will end sooner rather than later. Will try get some diazapan from doc tomor as this is painful

Re: started sertraline

Hi Yogibear

I started sertraline in September and each increase I experienced symptoms. My psychiatrist is increasing very slowly, as I am only at 75mg. I notice that I get headaches, dizziness, nausea, lack of appetite, and a little insomnia for a few days to a week after increase but it goes away. And though each increase causes these symptoms, I am little by little feeling better. I was given Ativan as needed and ended up taking them daily off and on but I have stopped taking them about 3 weeks ago

Goodluck! I know it's rough in the beginning!

Quote Originally Posted by yogibear View Post
    Started sertraline a week tomorrow. Was doing ok, actually noticed a slight improvement in my anxiety but since last night I have been in a continuous state pf extreme panic. Its horrible. My head is dizzy and headachy at the back and that makes me panic more. I know I just have to wait it out but hoping this will end sooner rather than later. Will try get some diazapan from doc tomor as this is painful
    Hi Yogi
    How much have they got you on?
    I started on 25mg for a week then went to 50mg and have been on that for nearly a year.
    It was tough at the start and I think some Drs increase way too fast.
    Mine wanted me to increase but I feel fine on 50mg so told him no.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Hi guys
    Thanks for the replys and positivity. I started on 25mg so may go up to 50 mgs tomor

Hi. If you increase, I say cut your pills in half and take it slower. Go to 37.5mg instead of straight to 50mg. Many people have done it this way, and I think it helps with some of the harsh startup side effects.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Genoire View Post
    Hi. If you increase, I say cut your pills in half and take it slower. Go to 37.5mg instead of straight to 50mg. Many people have done it this way, and I think it helps with some of the harsh startup side effects.

Good luck!
    We're all different but I say just go for it and get it over with.

I was given Sertraline in September and the side effects were so horrific I had to come off them. BUT, I am convinced it was because they were prescribed at such high dosages. I started on 50mg and then went up to 100 mg.

I would also advise to go VERY slowly - and leave it at least two weeks in between increases. Tell your doctor this is what you are doing and get his support.

I dunno, I am in 2 minds over this. Like I have been on many different anti d's before and don't recall the start up side effects been like this. Its mainly just a mega increase in anxiety levels since saturday. I am literally on the edge of the chair continuously. My head just gets all dizzy and weird and then the panic escalates then it dips a little then just lingers all night long, Seems to be less bad in the day than the evening, think eating makes it worse too. Otherwise can't really say I have had any other side effects apart from a bit of a dry mouth. I reckon it could be the switch from the duloxetine that could be making my anxiety sky high. I may just choose to get it over with and increase to 50 mgs like Phil2 said. I need to be normalised by January as staring an important job. Roll on 12 O'Clock today when I get my G.P phone consultation as need some diazapan to fet me out of this panic mode as it aint good

I was on Lexapro 10 yrs ago and had virtually no side effects.
    Sert is terrible in comparison but well worth it once you get past the bad bit.

Thanks. Feeling quite down today, depressed but less anxious. Gp wants me to wait until Monday to increase to 50 mgs so I'm not a total wreck which makes sense when it's made me quite anxious.hoping the increase isn't as bad as the initial side effects

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information