Thread: New Here!

Smile New Here!

Hi!

I joined this forum because it looks like a great place. I suffer from health related anxiety, and I refuse to take medication. I always had more anxiety than usual, but 3 years ago I had a huge panic attack at the gym, thinking I was dying of a heart attack - I was stressing a lot over work too. I work with challenged behaviour young people as a social care worker, working in therapeutic residential care.

I suffered really badly from anxiety for 18 months, particularly the first 6 months nearly made me suicidal. I hated my life, and I hated living the way I lived. I felt hopeless, and dark. I refused to take medication, and eventually I got it under control by living healthily and doing things for myself. Challenging myself.

However, I went to Malta during the summer, and it was a big mess of anxiety. I had a booze fueled holiday (I am 25... so young life and all that!), and was assaulted twice by the locals on two different occasions. I also had a swollen throat from air conditioning which freaked me out, and I have an irrational fear of flying. I returned an anxious mess. Ever since, I have fallen deeper back into my anxiety. Nothing like 2012, but suffering from tiredness, depression, sometimes palpitations on bad days (very bad ones).

Anyway, sometimes I get bad, but like I said, I know I'm not the worst case. Tonight lying in bed, I had a pain in my head, and goosebumps went up the side of my head. I had a lot of drink on Friday at my work Xmas party, and I know my emotional state is probably vulnerable at the moment. Of course I thought I was having a stroke, and then when I read the forum headache section, it said epilepsy, and I shit myself hahaha... anyway I decided to join just to write an essay of shit here. I may come back, I may not. Who knows.

Anyway yeah!

That's me. What a great idea for a forum. I love the title of the forum. It's what drew me in!

Thanks,

Mochalavigne!

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Mochalavigne and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: New Here!

Hi mocha, welcome to the forum.

Did you know alcohol can often make anxiety worse?

Thread Information