Thread: Derealization

Derealization

hey
    is it possible that after a year u stopped with an antidepressant you still feel the side effects of that medicine (i was on wellbutrin for a week but i got horrible Derealization from it) its a year later and it still feels like the whole world is not real? its kind of bugging me out lately.

Re: Derealization

After a year nope. U probably have derealisation. But its from anxiety or depresion

I'd imagine that you equated the derealisation to the medication but in actual fact it was a symptom of physical anxiety.

I have had derealisation/depersonalisation for 8 years now. There are periods when it can be daily and other times it can vanish for months and months at a time.

It really no longer bothers me and when I do get an episode now instead of panicking about it like I did in the early days I now recognise it as a sign that I need to address my stress level as accept it and float through it. In actual fact sometimes I do get a sort perverse pleasure from it as if you don't fear it it can be quite a nice feeling.

As with pretty much all physical anxiety symptoms the key is how we react to them.
    I was brought here to pay homage
    To the beat surrender

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfrodohobbit View Post
    hey
    is it possible that after a year u stopped with an antidepressant you still feel the side effects of that medicine (i was on wellbutrin for a week but i got horrible Derealization from it) its a year later and it still feels like the whole world is not real? its kind of bugging me out lately.

I have to agree with the other replies here.

I am guessing that anxiety is causing your DR. It can't possibly be side-effects after that long and after only a week on it....if anything it is an effect of not taking meds, and your anxiety sadly rising.

This has happened to me several times. I have been on and off Escitalopram, and when off it, my anxiety and DR/DP came back with a vengeance.

Are you taking any meds at all right now, though? It sounds like Wellbutrin just did not suit you, and this is common with antideps/anti-anxiety meds.....finding the right one that will knock your anxiety with DR on the head is sometimes trial and error. x
    Last edited by debs71; 07-12-15 at 15:10.

thanks for the reply and i dont take anything for a year now and i actually function more c:

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:47 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by itoldyouiwasill View Post
    I'd imagine that you equated the derealisation to the medication but in actual fact it was a symptom of physical anxiety.

I have had derealisation/depersonalisation for 8 years now. There are periods when it can be daily and other times it can vanish for months and months at a time.

It really no longer bothers me and when I do get an episode now instead of panicking about it like I did in the early days I now recognise it as a sign that I need to address my stress level as accept it and float through it. In actual fact sometimes I do get a sort perverse pleasure from it as if you don't fear it it can be quite a nice feeling.

As with pretty much all physical anxiety symptoms the key is how we react to them.
    i dont panick either, and i do have the same odd feelings about it. but its getting annoying when you have to go grocerie shopping or going out with friends. then its bothering me. thanks for the reply bro c:

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iwantpeace View Post
    After a year nope. U probably have derealisation. But its from anxiety or depresion
    ahh good to know, thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by debs71 View Post
    I have to agree with the other replies here.

I am guessing that anxiety is causing your DR. It can't possibly be side-effects after that long and after only a week on it....if anything it is an effect of not taking meds, and your anxiety sadly rising.

This has happened to me several times. I have been on and off Escitalopram, and when off it, my anxiety and DR/DP came back with a vengeance.

Are you taking any meds at all right now, though? It sounds like Wellbutrin just did not suit you, and this is common with antideps/anti-anxiety meds.....finding the right one that will knock your anxiety with DR on the head is sometimes trial and error. x
    Hi debs

I am trying to private message you but it won't let me. I have sent an email but not sure if it came through?

Emma X

its now more than 6 months ago and i do well xx

Quote Originally Posted by Thatfrodohobbit View Post
    its now more than 6 months ago and i do well xx
    So has the derealisation gone now?

Thread Information