Thread: Learning to let go: a musician's life with anxiety disorder

Learning to let go: a musician's life with anxiety disorder

Hello to all of you,

My name is Mark and, like many of you, I suffer from panic disorder. When I'm able, I write music as We Are Temporary, and I just released a song and music video called “You Can Now Let Go”—a song birthed from an extreme panic attack (my first attack 4 years ago) that landed me in the ER, and the near-death experience that gave way to an otherworldly and radiant dream—one that profoundly changed my life and still mystifies me to this day.

A few days ago, I wrote a long letter to my family, friends, and fans about the song and it’s backstory, and I was overwhelmed with an outpouring of responses from people who had suffered similar attacks. This made me realize I am not alone in this, and that it is important for our healing process to connect with others who have gone through similar trials.

One of the responses to my letter—the one that moved me the most—actually came from an old friend whom I would never have imagined suffered from the same condition I do:

“Since I suffer from anxiety attacks myself, it was absolutely breathtaking to read your story and the honesty with which you shared it. The way you describe the feeling when you went to sleep that night, is something I experienced many times, as well. A lot of people still aren't talking about their personal, psychological problems, since society at large still thinks that we are "wrong" and that one just has to "get yourself together”. (…) It is good to see that you made something good out of a terrible incident. I'm not that far yet. But your story and song gave me hope. Thanks for that.”

The letter I wrote is published on my website, which you can find by searching for "We Are Temporary" (it's on the home page... just scroll down and find the post "Learning to let go...") [note: I'm not allowed to post links yet]

The music video in question can be found on YouTube by searching for "We Are Temporary You Can Now Let Go"

If you ever have a chance to check out my letter and music video, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. Have you had similar experiences of "falling through yourself”? Have you ever had dreams similar to the one I describe? After living with panic attacks, do you feel closer to death? Has anything positive come from your suffering?

All the very best to you & I very much hope to hear from some of you,
    Wishing you all the love and strength in the world,

~Mark

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya wearetemporary and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Learning to let go: a musician's life with anxiety disorder

welcome Mark

Re: Learning to let go: a musician's life with anxiety disorder

wish you all the best Mark, God bless you...

Thread Information