Thread: Urgent help! No UTI, no infection, yet I still have permanent discomfort

Urgent help! No UTI, no infection, yet I still have permanent discomfort

Hello girls,
    I am in desperate need of reassurance. The thing is that for the past 6 months I've been suffering from on and off urinary discomfort. The problem is that sometimes when I pee I get a burning sensation when I finish. It's never too bad but it's still uncomfortable. I've had many tests done and they all turned to be negative. I did have a yeast infection a year ago which was treated with antibiotics but since then I have had countless urine tests, tests for yeast infections, etc etc and they have never shown any kind of infection, yet the discomfort remains. I am a virgin so it can't be an STD either.

Has any of you girls gone through something similar? Having this kind of symptoms that never go away? I've been to different gynecologists and they all have told me it's just a yeast infection and give me antibiotics, but I just need a permanent solution. I just worry that it could be something worse..

I hope I was clear enough

Thanks for taking the time to read

Re: Urgent help! No UTI, no infection, yet I still have permanent discomfort

Hiya,

Do you drink much water? It could be caused by you not drinking enough? When I was a child I went through a phase of not drinking enough and it always hurt to wee and I even ended up weeing blood. Definitely taught me to drink lots and lots of water!

Hope you feel better soon x

Oh, I never drink enough water! I just don't like it a lot!!! My parents never got me used to drinking water... i never thought that could be the problem :O i'm in shock! thanks so much for your reply. It means the world to me!
    Last edited by girl20; 13-12-15 at 22:50.

No problem I'd recommend having a reusable water bottle that you keep with you all the time and give yourself time limits to finish. Just did a Google search and women are meant to drink around 2.7 litres of water a day so you can base how many bottles you need to drink on that!! Or if you have a pint glass then try to have between 4 to 5 glasses of water in a day.

Hope it works out x

I'll give it a try. I think it will be quite a challenge for me as I have never liked the taste of water (yeah, lots of people have said i'm weird because i say that)! Thanks a lot for your reply!!

It doesnt have to be just water - you can use squash/cordial or flavoured water. try to aim for 8 pints a day

Sometimes it can be something as simple as not drinking enough water (I know I don't!!) like mentioned.

However, I suffer from bladder problems and a condition called Interstitial Cystitis which flares up commonly due to stress, or diet, or just not drinking enough water. It's not life-threatening, or anything.. it's basically just an inflammation of the bladder, and can sometimes be worse at certain times than others. It's a condition I've lived with a long time, so you may well not have the same thing and it could simply be due to a lack of water so don't worry

Best of luck!

Dear LuSmith, I also read about Interstitial Cystitis in the past!! How did you find out you had that kind of condition?? Is there a kind of test.
    and i've been following you guys advice and i've been drinking more water this past week and indeed my symptoms have improve substantially :O

Hi after suffering with an infection bout a year ago I havnt been sane since discomfort after weeing in what feels like my utethra but no infection as if its getting irritated.

Drink LOTS of water and see if it helps. Sounds like you could be dehydrated.

Thread Information