Thread: Can any woman help please?

Unhappy Can any woman help please?

Ive been battling a recent episode of Health Anxiety with that classic cancer fear for about 4 weeks now. It is really embarrassing. But anyways I was in the shower yesterday and I noticed that the right side of my abdomen had a dent in it. The dent is right below my hip bone and is around the area where the "female anatomy" sits. I know that those organs tend to curve gently but does anybody else know or have dents in their skin on either side "down there"? Its above where my legs begin and sits on the curve before leading down to the apex and legs. And I automatically thought it was cancer Help? ):

Re: Can any woman help please?

Im not talking about my hip bones. Those have always jutted out.

Oh I thought the poster was talking about the same thing as you.

They have a curve or indent right on the soft part of my hips ( sort of where my underwear sit) and when i wear dresses and anything that clings to my body you can see this huge indent!

Hi, I've just had a look and I think I have the same thing. Just assume is either due to the tummy fat or how the muscles are in that area. Or even from sitting down, like how I have a tummy crease.

I know that the body isn't perfectly symmetrical. Its mostly noticeable when I'm standing and its only on one side. Its in below my pelvis and on the right side of my lower abdomen. I don't have any body fat I'm literally 60 lbs underweight for my height and Ive never noticed this indent. I suppose it is normal? If it is then I'm really embarrassed for fretting over nothing

Ah no my post just disappeared!!

Basically, found out about langers lines which are natural skin tension lines. We have them all over our bodies, another example is wrinkles on face. Now I think about it I've always had a horizontal line across each forearm but have nerve thought anything of them!

What I'm describing is an actual indent in the skin. Like when I stand it looks like a pit in my side. It doesnt look like a horizontal line which i have plenty of this is something different.

Thread Information