Thread: MRI Results

MRI Results

Hi everyone

I recently had an MRI as I had convinced myself I had a brain tumor. I have been experiencing one sided headaches and my scalp feeling sore and tender.
    Anyway, I received results back and the good news is no tumor but they did say there is high signal intensity in white matter which evidently means lesions . My doctor said that it could just be nothing but is referring me to a neurologist for further investigation. I have read that these kind of findings come up in people that have migraine history etc. I don't really suffer migraines and in people that have MS although my results did say not MS.
    Needless to say I am now pooping myself .
    I just wondered if anyone else had ever had results back like this from an MRI (long shot I'm guessing).
    Thanks guys xx

Re: MRI Results

They would find lesions on all of us if we had full body scans. I haven't had a brain but I had an abdominal scan and they found a lesion on my liver. It's very scary but also very common, people would just never know about things X

Tracy,
    How long have you had your headaches? And could you describe them? I'm waiting on my mri appointment. I've had headaches for several months. Mostly one sided and scalp soreness. Among a few other mild symptoms. I'm nervous about this scan.

Hi Busgirl

I too have had predominantly pain on my right side top of head, temple area, sinus etc. I have also a very sore scalp on that side but it can be sore on the other side also. It went on for many weeks. I pestered my doc to send me for an MRI. She gave me the results yesterday. However, I must stress that she did tell me the findings have nothing to do with my headaches etc. I'm sure a lot of it is down to stress. They have eased slightly. Evidently these spots that showed up can be due to inflammation and may other things. Also can be due to hot flushes from menopause or even age.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TracyL View Post
    Hi Busgirl

I too have had predominantly pain on my right side top of head, temple area, sinus etc. I have also a very sore scalp on that side but it can be sore on the other side also. It went on for many weeks. I pestered my doc to send me for an MRI. She gave me the results yesterday. However, I must stress that she did tell me the findings have nothing to do with my headaches etc. I'm sure a lot of it is down to stress. They have eased slightly. Evidently these spots that showed up can be due to inflammation and may other things. Also can be due to hot flushes from menopause or even age.
    Thanks
    Did you have contrast with your head mri? I just had a head mri don't and it came out normal. Been having migraines for a month now. I'm wondering if it's because I didn't get the contrast that nothing showed up.

My mother in law is head of radiology at a local hospital. She promises that if anyone had brain tumors that causes physical symptoms any MRI would pick them up. The radiologist that looks at the images knows what to look for trust them.

Hi

No I did not have contrast with my MRI. They never suggested it.

thanks

Thread Information