Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: University

Well done Briary!

It sounds like you coped with a busy situation really well. Uni's will help you as much as possible as they make a lot of effort to encourage people with disabilities. Can I ask which Uni you are going to?

Anyway well done again, I bet this will be one of the best things you've ever done

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
    Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

hi Briary,

Well done!!

It sounds like they are going to take your situation into account, which is great news. I'm sure that it will get easier for you once it starts and you get used to it. Well done for going and coping pretty well!!

Sarah

Thank you Nicola.

Starting is usually the toughest part Briary, once you get that out of the way you should find yourself relaxing a little more and it will become more of a routine.

Like I said before, the 'discussions' will more than likely be very informal, and you may well find that the tutor is doing most of the discussing. But I guess you'll just have to wait and see. You never know, you might even enjoy it.

mico

Hi Sarah

Thanks. I hope it does get easier when I get into it but at least they are aware of my situation now which is a relief.

Briary

Hi Emily

I'm going to Sussex University.

They do seem willing to help any way they can which is good. I've only discussed it with them via email but at least they are aware of my problems.

Briary

Sorry Briary - I hit the wrong key and replied using Em's post. You must have thought I had gone mad!!

I shall start again!!

I wanted to say what a fantastic achievement it was to get there today and good news that they will let the course tutor know that you have some issues.

This could be a great step forward for you and I bet you are quite excited about it now.

Good luck with the course and I hope it goes well.

Nicola

Hi Mico

I think from what we were told today there is a lot of discussion which students are expected to take part in but I hope they won't push me too much now they know my difficulties. Even informal discussions would be very difficult for me at the moment.

Briary

Hi Briary

Just wanted to say well done for going through with today. We're all behind you and just attending the induction was a huge achievement. At least you've some idea of what is expected now and it sounds like they are going to take your difficulties in to consideration which is reassuring for you

KW

Hi Nicola

Thanks for your message. I know this is a great opportunity for me and it is a big step forward.

I am looking forward to it but still anxious about the first class. O haven't come this far to give up though.

Briary

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information