Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: feeling down and alone

Re: feeling down and alone

The system does suck Carnation, you are right.
    No one listens to cries for help anymore.
    People have to put up and shut up. Trouble is, with mental health it's not that simple.
    I don't want to give up, as I have a duty to be a mum, it was my choice. However that option is so so tempting when things are black.

Sidiam it is so nice of you to offer support. Your thoughts mean a lot to me. I know no one can make things right for me, but I can not tell you how much I appreciate people's supportive words right now xxx

At least you know where you stand now.

Get some well earned rest if you can.

I wanted to post as a kind of sign off, at least for a while.

Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me.

Carnation and Terry have been there from the start, and i can not tell you how grateful I am to you both for putting up with me, never judging , and always offering kind words of support and advice.

I have been very saddened to see some not so nice posting going on over the past few days. This has lead me to be very wary of posting anything.
    To receive negative posts would damage me further, and fuel my anxiety and depression. I do not want to be on the receiving end, like some members are at the moment.
    I know admin are trying to deal with it, but once the words are there, the damage is done

I feel I have gained friends on here, and have one particular lady who I now regard as a true friend, and who is a constant support to me away from NMP.

Thank you so much to everyone, whether it was just one reply, or numerous words of support. xxx

Good to hear from you, Carolin. I've been thinking of you. You've made it over half way through the holidays now. Hope it's going ok and that you are managing to get some time for yourself.
    I understand your reasons for taking a break from the forum, but remember you have friends on here so pm if you need to. We are here for you xx

I feel the same Carolin, I too suffer from anxiety and depression and some of the comments are upsetting.

I haven't really responded to your threads as I feel so clueless as to what to say. You have things really hard and yet it's pretty evident you are a very strong individual.

I wish you well.

Carolin, I was thinking of you yesterday

Just remember that if you ever need support of any kind, then I am here x

You are a lovely lady with a heart of gold and have a rare great kindness and please never doubt your capabilities and strength. xx

Carolin,

I'm afraid the situation you mention has happened a fair few times since I've been a member. The majority of times, it's the HA board and also about very repetitive posting. It's nothing like your support thread here, and Carnation can tell you that as she has had hers running longer without any issues. So, please don't worry this will happen on your thread, I really can't see it. But I do understand what you are saying and why you need to take some time away, you do what you feel is best for you and if you or when you return, we will all still be on here to welcome you back.

Some situations are much more complex as there are some seriously tough environmental factors involved. Like others, you have had responsibility thrust upon you that you never expected and have risen to the challenge all the way. But working with these issues is very tough as the system is fighting you all the way when it should be there to help you. It's no wonder so many parents of ASD kids pop up in places like this, how can they not when under such extreme pressures and then they have the authorities to sort out and their mad red tape methods.

I was unhappy to see SS messed you around. If they know something isn't going to happen, regardless of this panel stuff, I think they should be more upfront rather than get people's hopes up and then bring them crashing down after ages worrying waiting. It's a sorry state of affairs for people crying out for support. And you are quite right, they firefight, so until their is danger involved they do their best to push us all away. It's the same feeling in mental health, isn't it? Unless you are a danger to yourself or others, you go in a long queue to only get worse while you wait or you end up riding the meds rollercoaster with minimal support.

I do hope things are going ok for you. You've come through some of the school holidays so far so I hope you have coped and it has given you some confidence in yourself that you can do this.

It's good that you can get into the weekend support house at times, you need a break.

We are around if you need us.

Hi Carolin,
    You must do what feels best for you.
    As has already been said a pm is an option....but maybe a time out is a good idea.
    I hope you get more help and that you find the strength to cope, your son is very lucky to have a Mum like you.
    I'm glad you have a special NMP friend,
    take care
    Sxx

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread Information