Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Re: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Coincidences biting at me again. Tired. Keep on pushing.

Coincides and deja vu have been a bit high for me lately. For example my cat ran in the house and stood by the door for a second. Then jolted off, 5 minuets later the same thing happens. Fills me up with anxiety thinking "what if this is some paradox and I lost my mind" in all reality I know my cat just simply ran to the door again lol. I know how you feel Gatsby.

Nearly had a panic attack, i was gonna message a friend I hadnt talked to in a month and he messaged me. Atleast I didnt spiral into a full blown one.

It's all progress. The more you stop that reaction, the more you will see it decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by gatsby12 View Post
    Nearly had a panic attack, i was gonna message a friend I hadnt talked to in a month and he messaged me. Atleast I didnt spiral into a full blown one.
    You nearly had one, but you didnt thats progress my friend it takes some time to get a hold of this obsession I know it did for me. BTW how is your mom doing?

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    You nearly had one, but you didnt thats progress my friend it takes some time to get a hold of this obsession I know it did for me. BTW how is your mom doing?
    She is ok, surgery still has not happened.

Glad your mums ok, gatsby.

I am considering myself in recovery right now. It took a while but here I am.

That's great news!

I bet it feels a fair bit further forward to when you were struggling with all these thoughts? Can you remember how it felt like even a slight improvement would be impossible? Remember this realisation that it can & does get better if & when the blips come. Blips are also harder to deal with at first, you get more used to managing them the more you experience them and the more you keep moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    That's great news!

I bet it feels a fair bit further forward to when you were struggling with all these thoughts? Can you remember how it felt like even a slight improvement would be impossible? Remember this realisation that it can & does get better if & when the blips come. Blips are also harder to deal with at first, you get more used to managing them the more you experience them and the more you keep moving forward.
    Yeah, all I do when I experience a flare is go "okay" and just respond by not responding to paying attention to what caused it. I figured I can dewire and rewire my brain that way. The more I resist a thought the more I believe it's a credible threat. I still have a looooong way to go before I call relapse.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information