Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Re: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

I got linked this and I got creeped out by coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRfMk3Fs5Es

Maybe its just pseudoscience.

Its not weird at all, Im sure you use google right? and you have googled many things regarding probability and coincidences right? Youtube is owned by google so 2+2= 4. But that site, howstuffwork, its pretty amazing if you like that stuff

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Its not weird at all, Im sure you use google right? and you have googled many things regarding probability and coincidences right? Youtube is owned by google so 2+2= 4. But that site, howstuffwork, its pretty amazing if you like that stuff
    Yeah, its amazing stuff. I am still recovering but I just cant shake this feeling. That funny feeling I had when I heard that phrase still makes me feel very very funny. I am having trouble stepping over this. Almost as if I know something. My birthday is tomorrow and I want to atleast be happy.

I think I am just gonna try surrendering all together. I am tired and I havent tried it yet. These "worst scenario" things if I do X is stupid and tiring. I just want to refuse to give it anymore thought but I dont know if I truly just can drop it.

In time, it's possible, yes. But be realistic because taking the acceptance route isn't easy and you don't want to put an unrealistic timescale on it and frustrate yourself as well as make yourself anxious about a deadline.

Don't surrender to compulsions though, they are reinforcers. So, look at your compulsions which are likely going to be heavily mental based with a Pure O form.

I am starting to think my medication is having a backfire effect. My shrink I usually go to isnt answering. I am gonna go find a new one I guess. My magical thinking has taken the wheel.

Is it because the anxiety is raising? What happens if you bring that down through things like your exercise? Does it help bring the OCD down?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Is it because the anxiety is raising? What happens if you bring that down through things like your exercise? Does it help bring the OCD down?
    Lifting is to what nuclear weapons are to a knife fight. Exercise absolutely blows OCD out of the water and more I go the less it wants to talk. The only problem is magical thinking is bothering me even when OCD has left the building. The coincidences are creepy. The more calm I am the more I notice this is a major cog in the machine. It's whats dragging my symptoms and obsessions.

Coincidences master here, it takes a while to stop noticing them. What keeps it going is that whenever you notice a coincidence you either apply logic or treat it as danger.
    Remove the power from them by not reacting, because they are just that, coincidences are similirarities found in the brain and connected by us. The connection you make is magical thinking, which is nuts isnt it?

Whenever you found one, shrug your shoulders and say to yourself "Well thats just how the world is". Accept events as they are.

Tom

That's the thing though isn't it. Hell, I joked with myself avout shitting bllod and just now i just did.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information