Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Re: I am in a struggle with my OCD and I need some advice.

Yeah thats basically the frequency illusion in action. You will only remember the times a coincidence happened and not the times it did not. So its really subjective.

Okay OCD, if my thoughts are magical then the Syrian war will end today and I'll be a billionaire
    Last edited by gatsby12; 17-01-16 at 16:08.

Lol I woud really wish you have that power, my way of breaking the magical thinking is by saying "If this is true then the walls will start to bleed"

Okay, so those didnt happen today. Today is nuclear war day.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkster1 View Post
    Okay OCD, if my thoughts are magical then the Syrian war will end today and I'll be a billionaire
    Well that either means you are experiencing magical thinking or you are going to be elected as their new top man.

---------- Post added at 09:00 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TomT View Post
    Lol I woud really wish you have that power, my way of breaking the magical thinking is by saying "If this is true then the walls will start to bleed"
    That's a good test.

I also like "a tremendously hot woman will appear in the corner of my bedroom". But is it test...I know that one ain't coming true!!!

I just keep testing my thoughts. I have a thought pass my head that said "they have to be realistic" but then I went "why?"

Why indeed? Why would intrusive thoughts need to be realistic? Many of them aren't and that's why they can often be scary too, like they represent another side of ourselves.

Wouldn't it be true to say that to attempt to control them in this way is attempting to control something outside of your control, your subconscious? Isn't it only the same as saying 'I want to completely stop my intrusive thoughts', a goal we are told not to pursue since it's impossible anyway...hence making it a subtle perfectionism issue?

Watching that Hitler and the Occult documentary was probably a bad idea. So many coincidences haha.

Ah, those programmes are an interesting experiment in how people attempt to link the events to further back in the past. Funny how no one did that before in many cases though so is it truly discover or Confirmation Bias? Given many theories end up getting debunked or just ridiculed, it can be the latter.

Those things are going to be like exposure therapy for you, sharkster.

I sent you a PM, Terry. BTW, I changed my name since I didnt like sharkster1 as much as this lol.

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information