Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New dog!

Re: New dog!

Haha, Terry she has loads of energy. This morning I took her for a 2 mile walk. Thought we'd go up hill to use some energy but she still had loads, so I started jogging with her. Mind you I am NOT jogger/runner. So we jogged, got me some exercise, and she STILL was energetic. So we took her to the dog park and she ran around crazy with two husky/retriever mixes. I laughed because she's about 45 pounds (medium sized) and these dogs were huge she was playing with but she gave them the run-around for sure. She's got some speed on her.

Then she went to the vet and got some vaccines, loved all the staff and they loved her. The vet says she might be trainable to be a good therapy dog for others because she is so happy, not afraid of people, and affectionate. I will think about it for the future.

Finally that was enough to tucker her out and she snuggled up with me for a good hour under the blankets. Husband has her out for a walk again. I tell you we are definitely getting more exercise with this one!!!

I tried to attach a picture ... let's see if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aw, look at that sweet face! What a pretty girl, lovely brown eyes and gorgeous coat!

I know ... those eyes let her get away with a lot!!!

Aw, she's lovely!

She sounds like a friendly but also confident dog, some great qualities that will make problems be few I reckon.

My dog loves going to the vets and drags us in and all the other dogs in there are cowering under chairs. He loves the fuss off the vet & nurses and even injections in the neck don't phase him. Yours seems the same so you will have no worries over vet anxiety there!

She already sounds like she is doing some therapy to me
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 20-12-15 at 14:57. Reason: Spelling Again!!!

Aw she's gorgeous!!! I can see the Boxer in her

Dogs give tons of love back, they never question you, mine knows when I'm feeling down, and she loves the Vets too.

She'll definitely change your life for the better!!!

Yep, Terry, she is just like that ... got her vaccine and was licking the woman giving it to her happily. Much different than when we take our cat!! Thanks for all your kind words We're really happy with her so far.

Jimsmrs - you are definitely right about that. Always loving, always helpful when you feel down. She's great.

Awww! She is so cute!

My dogs HATE the vets. I feel like I'm taking them off to be murdered, that is how much they hate it.

She'll open a whole new world for you.

keep posting about her progress

We actually did have progress ... She was able to sit by the fire next to the cat without trying to play with her! They even sat on opposite ends of the couch haha! This is big because she's not aggressive, but just likes playing and the cat is not a fan of that. So they are coming along well together.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information