Thread: Total to near panic when my PC acts odd.

Total to near panic when my PC acts odd.

I keep panicking when ever my PC acts odd. Its virus clean but it acts extremely odd sometimes for example the wi-fi wont be at 5 bars and ill have the suspicion that I am being spied on or if a window on my PC is up when i start the PC i think ive been hacked. I really dont know how to cope with this. I have doubts that its anything bad but this wreaks havok on me and I love my PC to death.

Re: Total to near panic when my PC acts odd.

Hey there, I used to work on computers. Trust me, this isn't a big deal. If it is a virus, nobody is spying on you. Viruses attack your system files to try and destroy your OS. Spyware is what you are talking about. If you are paranoid about being "watched," then take some electrical tape and put it over your webcam(assuming that you have one). Run an anti-spyware program to check for anything suspicious. You can also download a program called "Peerblock" to block all incoming IPs. If you're still not satisfied, backup your data and to a complete wipe and restore of your operating system. To cut to the chase, nobody wants to hack you. If you knew the time they would have to invest to hack you, you wouldn't be worried. To be technical, you can even encrypt your hard drive. Download a program called "TrueCrypt." It allows you build codes to protect your system. Oh and wifi bars going in and out has no relation to internet spyware. So, if someone was hacking you and lets say the wifi bars were evidence, then it would be somebody close to your network. I'm talking not even two houses down. If that worries you, rename your local network. Name it "portal of doom" or something. haha! By the way, all of the software I recommended to you is freeware, meaning that it costs nothing and works great.

No worries, you're fine.

-Adam
    Last edited by TheChiroDoc12; 18-12-15 at 01:04.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChiroDoc12 View Post
    Hey there, I used to work on computers. Trust me, this isn't a big deal. If it is a virus, nobody is spying on you. Viruses attack your system files to try and destroy your OS. Spyware is what you are talking about. If you are paranoid about being "watched," then take some electrical tape and put it over your webcam(assuming that you have one). Run an anti-spyware program to check for anything suspicious. You can also download a program called "Peerblock" to block all incoming IPs. If you're still not satisfied, backup your data and to a complete wipe and restore of your operating system. To cut to the chase, nobody wants to hack you. If you knew the time they would have to invest to hack you, you wouldn't be worried. To be technical, you can even encrypt your hard drive. Download a program called "TrueCrypt." It allows you build codes to protect your system. Oh and wifi bars going in and out has no relation to internet spyware. So, if someone was hacking you and lets say the wifi bars were evidence, then it would be somebody close to your network. I'm talking not even two houses down. If that worries you, rename your local network. Name it "portal of doom" or something. haha! By the way, all of the software I recommended to you is freeware, meaning that it costs nothing and works great.

No worries, you're fine.

-Adam
    Thanks, thats a load of my back.

Smile Re: Total to near panic when my PC acts odd.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkster1 View Post
    Thanks, thats a load of my back.
    No problem.

Sorry to bother you, but I just recently had a few white screens pop up then suddenly my screen went black and white. What could that be?

Thread Information