Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Depersonlization and questioning reality.

Depersonlization and questioning reality.

This has been causing me massive amounts of stress for quite some time now. I had a bad panic attack about 5-6 weeks ago and ever since then my DP has been extremely worse. I feel so unreal, I keep questioning everything. I can't tell myself this is only my anxiety. I feel like at any minuet I will truly go insane. It's such a paralysing fear. It feels as if my worst case scenario is going to happen.

Re: Depersonlization and questioning reality.

Do you spend much time around other people?

I do everyday lol.

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 ----------

When I'm with friends my anxiety seems to be non exsistent. Other than anxious thoughts on the occasion.

Had the same for a very long time but it slowly faded. you are not going insane I promise.

I get good days and bad days but I think i'm progressively getting better. At the start around June last year, I had crippling DP/DR for 2 weeks straight. Without my wife, I dread to think what would have happened to me

i used to feel this way a lot, i have doen so much research into it, when you suffer anxiety or heightened state of fear your pupils are bigger and let in more light which can give the feeling of being in a dream etc, have you noticed if it is worse when your in places with fluorescent lighting like the supermarket?

I had this last year after my worst ever panic. I knew it was normal to feel some DP/DR during or after a panic or high anxiety but this was something else, or at least so it felt. I had DP/DR constant for about a month straight. No matter what I did - distractions, relaxing, going outside, talking to people etc - nothing helped. The longer it lasted the stranger the thoughts and feelings I got and I got feelings and thoughts about questioning reality and it scared the life out of me. I knew deep down it was all just anxiety and the aftermath of that panic and I just had to try my hardest to accept it which was bloody hard but I read and listened to my Claire Weekes books and audiotapes and she described why I was feeling like this in a simple yet empathetic way and slowly, I got out of it. I think it took 2 weeks after I started dealing with it 'the right way' to feel pretty much normal again, well as normal as you can feel when you always have some anxiety lurking about!

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

It's actually worrying how little posts there are in the DP/DR forum, I thought it was pretty common

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_NY View Post
    It's actually worrying how little posts there are in the DP/DR forum, I thought it was pretty common
    It is very common, especially with those who suffer from severe anxiety or OCD but a lot of people don't know the name of this symptom or can't really put it into words so it doesn't get spoken about much. Maybe if this was a main forum like the panic attacks, HA and GAD forums are, that would encourage people to talk more? It feels very hidden away here I think tbh.

"Save your sympathy for someone else. I don't need it or want it. What you call a panic attack is merely a few normal chemicals that are temporarily out of place in my brain. It is of no significance whatsoever to me!"

"Recovery always lies ahead - however painful the moment"

"Recovery lies in the places and experiences you avoid"

Dr Claire Weekes.

I am having a terrible bout of depersonalization at the moment. I keep thinking I am losing my mind or have some terrible illness such as CJD or Dementia. Does anyone else feel like this? I am very scared again at the moment It feel like the feeling are never going to stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information