Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Depersonlization and questioning reality.

Re: Depersonlization and questioning reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie123 View Post
    Thanks so much Suziewuzie and BrokenAge. I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks on and off for 22 years and each time it comes back I never remember feeling that bad. The dp is really getting to me this time and it does seem to be lasting longer and longer. I feel like the front of my brain feels really strange and stressed and my eyes are so dry and gritty. They feel like they are vibrating and racing all the time along with my head lol. I just want this to pass so I can feel better again. Thanks so much for your advice and support. Really appreciate this. I absolutely love this site. It is so good.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 ----------

Thank you it is such a relieve to know I am not on my own.

---------- Post added at 03:16 ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 ----------

Thank you
    No problem, we all feel like this sometimes. It's awful and I've only had anxiety for just about 2 years now. The more I think about it the more I realize I've always been a little nervous and I've always worried about my health, so I'm farely certain I've had OCD but I haven't been diagnosed yet so I can't just assume.

Hi Guys its me again. I am still quite bad. I am really struggling with dp!!! I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for 21 years and don't remember it ever being this bad. I am nearly 41 and have a 6 year old son. I am terrified that if anything happens to me what will happen to my son? He is such a lovely little boy. I keep thinking that I am really ill as I get this funny sensation in the front of my head and eyes and I feel dizzy and woozy. Back to the doctors tomorrow so just hope she can give me some answers or some further tests. I feel like I am losing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie123 View Post
    Hi Guys its me again. I am still quite bad. I am really struggling with dp!!! I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for 21 years and don't remember it ever being this bad. I am nearly 41 and have a 6 year old son. I am terrified that if anything happens to me what will happen to my son? He is such a lovely little boy. I keep thinking that I am really ill as I get this funny sensation in the front of my head and eyes and I feel dizzy and woozy. Back to the doctors tomorrow so just hope she can give me some answers or some further tests. I feel like I am losing my mind.
    Sophie, it sounds like you have classic anxiety symptoms and the constant worrying is prolonging the effects of DP. I get the weird sensation right between my eyes like someone is pumping air into it when I feel anxious. Even if I think about something and it makes me anxious, I get this sensation instantly and it's at this point I have learned to accept the symptoms and not fight them and worry about them.

You should listen to the audio book - Hope and help for your nerves, by Claire Weekes. It's available for free online and it worked wonders for me when I listened to it a couple of weeks ago. My DP/DR is gradually fading and today is the first time in a couple of months that I have felt almost 100% DP free. When you learn to accept your symptoms and not get upset by them and the visual disturbances DP causes, only then will the DP start to shift. Constant worrying and panicking just keeps you in the vicious circle that prolongs DP.

Stay strong, it's only temporary.

Mike do you have a link for the Claire Weekes download? X

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_NY View Post
    Sophie, it sounds like you have classic anxiety symptoms and the constant worrying is prolonging the effects of DP. I get the weird sensation right between my eyes like someone is pumping air into it when I feel anxious. Even if I think about something and it makes me anxious, I get this sensation instantly and it's at this point I have learned to accept the symptoms and not fight them and worry about them.

You should listen to the audio book - Hope and help for your nerves, by Claire Weekes. It's available for free online and it worked wonders for me when I listened to it a couple of weeks ago. My DP/DR is gradually fading and today is the first time in a couple of months that I have felt almost 100% DP free. When you learn to accept your symptoms and not get upset by them and the visual disturbances DP causes, only then will the DP start to shift. Constant worrying and panicking just keeps you in the vicious circle that prolo

Stay strong, it's only temporary.
    Thanks Mike for the reassurance. I am feeling a little better today. Just trying to calm myself again and come back down to earth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information