Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pregnancy Worry

pregnancy Worry

Hi there. Im 9 weeks pregnant since about 5 weeks i have been getting brown spotting on and off which doc said is usually nothing to worry about and now for the last two days been getting some red blood, today has been the worst, kinda like a light period with some cramps as well. Could this mean im having a miscarriage? There is a fair bit of blood when i wipe. I feel like im just waiting for the big gush. Anyone have any ideas?

Please Reply
    Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

Re: pregnancy Worry

Hi,

Sorry you had no replies to your post. I'll be honest, no one can say for sure what the bleeding is. Only an ultrasound will confirm if your baby is ok. I have had a miscarriage which had no bleeding - just a tiny pin-prick spot of blood, and contractions in my back. Everyone is different - what I am trying to say is that don't necessarily associate bleeding with miscarriage - some women don't even know they are pregnant as they still have periods! If I were you, I would hassle the doc for a scan to put your mind at ease as stress isn't good for you. Take care and let us know how you get on x

Hi I'm sorry to hear your bleeding, I've unfortunately suffered 3 miscarriages myself and with all 3 my first sign was bleeding so I would urge you to contact you early pregnancy unit and they will arrange a scan for you, I don't want to frighten you as some women bleed in pregnancy and it's all fine but a miscarriage can be a very traumatic and painful experience so please seek some advice and hopefully fingers crossed your in that minority of women that bleed for no reason, good luck and let me know how you get on XX

Hey. Thanks for the replies. Today bleeding got heavier and i passed a clot so i think i have miscarried. What should i do? Really scared? I now have a headache and feel a little faint.

Many Thanks
    Louise

have you called nhs direct for advice,ive had two miscarriages years ago.but you cant know for sure until someone examines you,i lost mine at 16 weeks,but it had died at 6 weeks and I had no bleeding until I had reached 16 weeks,i saw the baby fetus,my first miscarriage was ten weeks I saw that one in the toilet too ,the twin to that one came out at the hospital,very small both were but im not sure if you have miscarried,best if you seek medical advice best wishes linda

I had some large clots. And some greyish thing could that be the fetus?

Many Thanks
    Louise

Based on what you've said, you really should go to the doctor or A&E in this situation.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi Louise I'm so sorry, the grey clot you say you passed could well have been the pregnancy sack as that is grey in colour, are you in any pain? Please get yourself checked out asap to confirm if you have miscarried or not and for them to check you don't have any retained products as this can lead to an infection.I'm so sorry XX

I feel fine in myself. No fever or anything and bleeding isnt to heavy now. As its sunday docs is shut and they hav no out of hours number. As i feel okay i might leave till tomoz morning to ring surgery or might ring NHS Direct this evening to see what they suggest.

Many Thanks
    Louise

See your doctor tomorrow and they refer you to the early pregnancy unit for a scan to confirm. Look after yourself, a miscarriage is an awful experience both physically and mentally XX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information