Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could you delete my account please?

Could you delete my account please?

I would like my account deleted please.

I am just fed up with replying to members on here and getting nothing back. I find that there seems to be not much give and take going on, bar the regular members who ALWAYS reply.

I posted one question yesterday about amitriptyline interaction. It has had 50 views and not one reply. It just pees me off, as I very rarely post anything at all on NMP, I just reply.

If all members acted like some on here, nobody would get a reply ever!

Sorry to moan, but I just don't see the point of sticking around if when a simple post about meds is not worth a reply. Not all of us should have to post 'HELP ME, I'M PANICKING' posts or HA concerns to warrant a reply. Some of us just need some advice and feedback.

Thanks.

Re: Could you delete my account please?

Hiya Debs...

On NMP we often have a lot of spiders crawling the site, they are from search engines, they search the site looking at all the ages so they can put it into the results page. unfortunately these count as a view to your thread, so the view count may only be a few people and many robots trawling the site.

I agree that it is annoying when you don't get a reply and there are several forums that don't have so many views sadly.... and the forums such as HA are dominating the site at the minute and I know Nic has thought about how to solve this in the past.

Debs if you really want to go then I will delete your account in 24 hours BUT please consider staying as you are a valuable member of the NMP community

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I think you should have a think, Debs. I know it's frustrating but take the good from the site, there are people that are glad of your responses and people who will help you if they can. It's just some of the boards are dead as the dodo on here.

It's not just anxiety that drives the lack of responses, when I went to the charity walk-ins people always got some level of support. Perhaps it's the less personal approach of the internet that encourages this but ultimately it comes down to people wanting to help others and there are certainly people on here who believe in give & take.

Debs its not just you who has little response. Please don't take it personally.

I too posted yesterday feeling really low and desperate. I had no replies.
    It's hard not to feel rejected, and our anxiety fuels this.
    I tried to PM you but couldn't
    Please don't feel alone. If you want to talk, I am here xx

Hey Debs71, I would miss you, if you signed off completely. I tried to start a thread about driving anxiety and got no replies and thought maybe no-one on here has driving anxiety!!! As Carolin says don't take it personally, listen to Terry and Venusbluejeans, please!!!!!

Sorry you had no replies Debs. Please don't be put off by this. xx

Hi Debs, I hope you don't leave the site, you have answered a few of my threads over the years and have always given me good advice. I noticed after a recent break from the forum that a few of the older members have either left or do not come on as much and they were people that posted a lot of replies to threads. I posted recently with a health problem and only received one reply. I hope you decide to stay.

Hi Debs, you have also given me some good advice over the time I've been on the forum, it is a shame that you haven't had any responses - almost every thing lately seems to be health related!

Jimsmrs, I would have responded to your thread if I'd seen it! Anxiety over driving is one of my biggest issues! (Especially since I live in the countryside and need to drive anywhere!)

Thank you so much for your kind replies and words. They are really appreciated.xx

Sorry for not answering sooner. I had a bad day yesterday with this Fibromyalgia which is getting me down and so tired. I think that in retrospect, I was venting frustration. i honestly don't take it personally, as I know other members struggle to get a reply too, it just irks me when it is the same people time and time again who do respond to others.

So sorry Carolin - I think I have to adjust my email settings, but thank u very much for trying to message me. x

Emmz, I would like to stay on second thoughts if that is ok - I get a lot of personal relief from the forum, both from reading others posts and being able to reply, in the main. I find it takes my mind from my own mental health issues.

I would also miss all of you kind folks here, especially those that took the time to reply to my moany post!

Happy Xmas to all and much love.xx

That's good news Debs xxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information